U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 09:14 AM

7,685 posts, read 16,112,809 times

Advertisements

They're actually doing site work for the Freeport Publix that's been 'coming soon' since about 2008 and the county park there is being kept up very nicely. But other than that, Freeport is really only a pass through for us on the way to somewhere else so I don't have much insider info.

I think that pre-crash prices out there were decidedly too high and seem somewhat more realistic given local salaries now, even though Walton County still really lags behind some of its neighbors when it comes to median family income.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 905 times
Beachmouse... I noticed this post is a few years old... what is HB like now in 2016?
I am relocating and the Emerald Coast is calling me down from Illinois.
Looking for a great High School for my daughter who is involved with Fast Pitch Softball so definitely needing a good team. I am a single mom so I am not looking for a retirement area by far...
any advice and suggestions are welcome...
Thanks

Old 04-21-2016, 07:45 AM

7,685 posts, read 16,112,809 times
Still gradually building out but at a slower rate than originally hoped or planned for. Softball in the Santa Rosa and Okaloosa schools is quite competitive- think national rankings for teams and lots of girls getting athletic scholarships. Freeport/Walton County isn't there yet in term of quality.

Florida legislature this year passed what's effectively an open enrollment plan for schools- as long as the school says they have room for more students, the school has to take them whether or not the student is zoned for the school. (Transportation to the school not zones for is up to parents) Whether or not Niceville, the traditional destination for a lot of inbound waiver students from the Freeport area and a softball hot bed, has space available and is taking more students is a different question.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:28 PM

122 posts, read 169,529 times
What's Hammock bay looking like now in 2016? Is there is more shopping in Freeport? Anyone have any recent pictures of the area?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:52 PM

25 posts, read 28,654 times
Anyone have an update on this subdivision?

Old 06-21-2017, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 425 times
Publix is built, with the usual other stores, hair, nails, pizza, Chinese etc. Local grocery closed 2 months later. I expect tons of changes in the coming years.

Let me know if you want more info. Its been a while since you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida