Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:33 AM

3 posts, read 7,209 times

Advertisements

I appreciate Florida, because it is not overcrowded like Southern California! I like California better, but in Florida you can actually park your car in a driveway & not on the goddamn street! Also, the cost of living is very low & the weather is very nice. Why would you want to live in the Northeast, having to deal with high taxes, crappy weather & filthy living conditions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 05:00 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,153,802 times
Thank you for this thread. I've been to FL only in the summers except for twice in October and November. It was a great feeling, in November to be swimming outdoors in warmth. Something you cannot do up here.

I look forward to the day I make to to FL for good.

I am sitting here in 40 degree rainy, windy weather and it's no fun. I keep looking at my flip flops wishing I could wear them year round.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:17 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Thank you for this thread. I've been to FL only in the summers except for twice in October and November. It was a great feeling, in November to be swimming outdoors in warmth. Something you cannot do up here.

I look forward to the day I make to to FL for good.

I am sitting here in 40 degree rainy, windy weather and it's no fun. I keep looking at my flip flops wishing I could wear them year round.
Good, I will trade with you, I hate this place.....

Old 03-30-2010, 04:44 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Good, I will trade with you, I hate this place.....

Chris,

If you hate it that bad then why do you move away and then move back to Florida over and over again?

And many of your post state you do not like the heat, then you end up in SW Florida and we all now it is hot that far down.

For someone not liking it you sure end up in Florida a lot.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Chris,

If you hate it that bad then why do you move away and then move back to Florida over and over again?

And many of your post state you do not like the heat, then you end up in SW Florida and we all now it is hot that far down.

For someone not liking it you sure end up in Florida a lot.
Yep, ended up here for WORK after going to MA. A friend had a job and needed me. It was 100% job related, not because I was all excited to come back here. I wasn't believe me. It was 2 times I went up north. 3 times is a charm right? Gotta go where the job$ are. It happened to be this crappy part of FL i ended up in. I liked it a lot better in Melbourne than here, but as I said the job was here. I still possibly think I may end up in the Jacksonville area, but? I will stress, I DO NOT HATE FL for the most part, I do not like SWFL. If I could take Estero, drop it in N FL it would be perfect.

Yeah there is the heat, down here it's bad in the summer, N FL seems to be a lot better???

Old 03-30-2010, 05:14 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
This thread keeps reviving itself. There's a lot to love about Florida. It's not perfect but what place is? I can't imagine living anywhere else and I've only lived here for 5 years. It's biggest detriment is it's school system which produces narrow thinking stupid people.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 PM

You are lucky, you get to live in VB...... i liked it there too.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
I think FL should change its nickname from "The Sunshine State" to "The Transient State".

Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM

Been that way for a LONG time....

Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I think FL should change its nickname from "The Sunshine State" to "The Transient State".
I know this is anecdotal but I hear this all the time and it is just not my experience. I am married to a man born and raised in Orlando, his parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, most cousins and our son all live in Orlando. All but 2 of our closest friends were born and raised in the Central Florida area and their parents and children still live here. The 2 who were not born here have lived here for over 10 and 20 years and their children were born here.

My husband and I have worked with the same companies for the past 25 years and I've watched many of my coworkers retire. The employees hired to take their place are still there (with only a handful of exceptions). I see much longevity and community. I guess it depends on your circles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida