Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,446 times

Advertisements

Florida is a haven for these types for a variety of reasons. One big one is that many states will NOT extradite wanted criminals back to their home jurisdiction so our cops have to let them go. New York and Michigan are the worst, but many others do this too as it saves money and makes their states safer. Criminals usually know this as well. One of the other things criminal minds like is how overloaded and lenient our courts are. Most make a bee line for Florida when they get a chance, just ask "Delmer Smith"
You may "see" the offenders in the database, but keep in mind those are only the ones that HAVE REGISTERED and the ones that have been CAUGHT and CONVICTED. There are THOUSANDS that aren't in the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 08:14 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
Ex Law Enforcement here. How many examples would you like?

Stranger rape? Date rape? Date rape with drugging? Acquaintance rape? Gang rape? Child molestation-stranger, child molestation-familial? Abduction, rape? Attempted abduction, adult? Attempted abduction, child? Serial rapist? Serial rapist/murder?

Need any more? Is it really that important to minimize the crime of sexual assault to protect the local Real Estate market?
I'm with ya, but surprised the realtors haven't taken this down yet.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:15 PM

455 posts, read 979,148 times
I found this page from the City of Punta Gorda Police Department's web site fascinating. It outlines the way the agency handles Sex Offenders within it's jurisdiction. No wonder the numbers of offenders dropped in Punta Gorda!

City of Punta Gorda Florida

Old 03-15-2010, 05:47 PM

41 posts, read 121,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
I found this page from the City of Punta Gorda Police Department's web site fascinating. It outlines the way the agency handles Sex Offenders within it's jurisdiction. No wonder the numbers of offenders dropped in Punta Gorda!

City of Punta Gorda Florida
That is wonderful!!! I am going to check out Punta Gorda on my next trip down. Thank you.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg928 View Post
That is wonderful!!! I am going to check out Punta Gorda on my next trip down. Thank you.
Punta Gorda is a great little town, and very safe! The police here, recently busted a sex offender that tried to move here, but didn't register. I think he got the message, because he has since moved out of the area according to reports.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
Two stories out of Collier County today:

Quote:
March 15, 2010-GOLDEN GATE — A woman who was being sexually assaulted inside a car in Golden Gate early Sunday escaped by kneeing her attacker in the groin and running away, according to an arrest report.
Woman escapes sexual assault in Golden Gate by kneeing attacker in groin » Naples Daily News
Quote:
March 15, 2010-NAPLES-
Jose Luis Chairez, 36, of the 3100 block U.S. 41 East, was charged with battery, kidnap — false imprisonment of an adult, and resisting arrest without violence.
Chairez’s girlfriend told deputies that she’s been living with Chairez for three months in a mobile home, according to an arrest report. He locks her in a room, which she described as a "jail cell," with boarded windows and a padlock on the door, reports said.
VIDEO: East Naples man charged with false imprisonment after police say he padlocked his girlfriend in a room » Naples Daily News

Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Two stories out of Collier County today:
Its good you have a fancination about that stuff, and like to read about it. Gotta admit though, it makes me wonder a bit.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:10 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
No crime here yet... Still creepy:
Quote:
March 16, 2010-PALMETTO - The Manatee County school district wants to fire a bus driver who officials say repeatedly leered at teenage girls he drove and then refused to work after being reassigned.
Manatee bus driver accused of ogling girls | HeraldTribune.com

Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
No crime here yet... Still creepy:
Just facinating! - NOT!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:20 AM

I think it is a great idea to find sexually diviant articles on line. And Post them here!! I hope everyone will join in. It's really wonderful.

Anyone have any other ideas about crappy things to find and post?

I don't think we need any orginial thoughts anymore. Just garbage news articles - are good enough for some people here. - just a thought, but maybe this thread has run it's course. But, I'm no moderator. ;-) So I would never suggest it. But, I might just think it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida