U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:55 AM

971 posts, read 2,586,026 times
Default oops...

I should have done a search before posting this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 10:01 AM

4,194 posts, read 8,092,609 times
Default Best tint to have is the "heat resistant"

I have the darkest tint allowed which is also called the heat resistant. I've had this type of tint on all my vehicles since 1991. Not only does it cut the heat that comes in while you're on the road; it gives a women driving by herself privacy...

I wouldn't own a car in Florida without it.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:55 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,707,892 times
I kinda wish the folks who think the darkest tint is OK would have to stand in the shoes of an officer who has to walk up to that blank window, and stand there while they roll it down. never knowing if he or she will be facing the muzzle of a gun. The reason why the driver and passenger windows are not allowed to be darkened too much is for the safety of police officers.

Of course, the officers could always shoot first and ask questions later...would that be a fair trade for having the darkest tint?

Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM

4,194 posts, read 8,092,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
I kinda wish the folks who think the darkest tint is OK would have to stand in the shoes of an officer who has to walk up to that blank window, and stand there while they roll it down. never knowing if he or she will be facing the muzzle of a gun. The reason why the driver and passenger windows are not allowed to be darkened too much is for the safety of police officers.

Of course, the officers could always shoot first and ask questions later...would that be a fair trade for having the darkest tint?
god love ya, but guess what.....officers do not walk up to vehicles with dark tint & ask them to roll it down...they alert you from their vehicles to roll down your windows & either step out or put your hands out.

And, I said I have the darkest "allowed" that therein is the key word...it's legal...

In my opinion, with all the gang bangers & drug deals & dealers in Florida, I don't want to look like fish waiting to get caught in my glass fishbowl of an SUV.....and get carjacked at an intersection....

You never know where the binocculars are being used these days...

Old 06-08-2007, 02:46 PM

609 posts, read 2,621,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post

well said. I think that the fines should be over 1000.00 for the first offense for just that reason. My car is black and I have LEGAL tint and in 20 summers in So. Florida have never been "too hot". Give me a break..... follow the law.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
god love ya, but guess what.....officers do not walk up to vehicles with dark tint & ask them to roll it down...they alert you from their vehicles to roll down your windows & either step out or put your hands out.

And, I said I have the darkest "allowed" that therein is the key word...it's legal...

In my opinion, with all the gang bangers & drug deals & dealers in Florida, I don't want to look like fish waiting to get caught in my glass fishbowl of an SUV.....and get carjacked at an intersection....

You never know where the binocculars are being used these days...
Have YOU ever seen a shotgun blast out of a rear window of a car with dark tinting? I have.

I'd rather drive around looking like a law abiding citizen than a thug.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:35 PM

971 posts, read 2,586,026 times
she said she had legal tinting so I'm not sure why everyone's jumping all over her...if this is a huge concern for peopple, deal directly with the core issue, the guns, not by ruining things like window-tinting with a bunch of complex laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
well said. I think that the fines should be over 1000.00 for the first offense for just that reason. My car is black and I have LEGAL tint and in 20 summers in So. Florida have never been "too hot". Give me a break..... follow the law.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:30 AM

343 posts, read 592,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
how much was the tinting, if you don't mind my asking? Also, do you get hassled when you drive in other states?
I bought the car 1 year old so it already had the tint. I also have never taken my car out of state. Sorry no answers for you.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
she said she had legal tinting so I'm not sure why everyone's jumping all over her...if this is a huge concern for peopple, deal directly with the core issue, the guns, not by ruining things like window-tinting with a bunch of complex laws.
You are right. We should make it illegal for the bad guys to have guns.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:09 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,136,134 times
I've had cars with 5% limo tint. The reality is that at night, you can't see squat. If there happens to be someone driving who forgot to turn on their lights, you won't see them. Tint laws are made for a reason. The maximum % is there for a reason. It's the person who always wants to do whatever they want that is the problem. Now, I have the % allowed by law. I think that it's dark enough. As far as stopping cars with the dark tint, I tell the driver through the PA to lower all the windows and turn on the inside light. If that doens't work, I usually have a back up come by and walk up to the car with my gun in hand. I may get shot, but I'm taking them with me. It is illegal for convicted felons to possess guns, but they do anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida