U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,164,569 times

Advertisements

Did you know that:
Florida law requires sheriffs to live within two miles of the county seat close enough to get there quickly by horse. The rule is long since obsolete, but like scores of other old laws sometimes dating back a century or more, it remains on the books.

Florida laws repealed: State legislators working to wipe out old rules that no longer apply - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 02:55 AM

4,229 posts, read 5,691,357 times
I'd rather they left the old laws alone and quit passing the horrible new ones. I think our Legislature would be of more use and less damaging if they just sat quietly for each session and read a book-no talking, no deal making, nothing. Just sit there and do crossword puzzles or whatever for eight hours a day.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:44 AM

737 posts, read 1,477,678 times
Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.

A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle. (Elephants running amuck in Florida o my)

It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit. ( there goes karaoke on the beach )

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. (( Very very good law here ))

It’s illegal to have sex with another person in Florida()

You may not molest trash cans in Daytona

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal. ()

When having sex, only the missionary position is legal. (admission they do know people break the law)

It is illegal to skateboard without a license.

You may not fart in a public place after 6 P. ( this one should be extended to 24-7)

It is considered an offense to shower naked. ( 0 ok)

You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

Doors of all public buildings must open outwards.

Corrupting the public morals is defined as a nuisance, and is declared a misdemeanor offense. ( I will keep this one in mind )

Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence.

One may not commit any “unnatural acts” with another person.

You can paint your fence any color you like as long as it’s white.

((Anybody can sell alcoholic beverage. Sec. 6-2. Hours of sale.Alcoholic beverages may be sold, consumed or served or
permitted to be sold, consumed or served in any
establishment within the city from 7:00 a.m. each day until
2:00 a.m. the following day.)))

It’s illegal to catch crabs

The penalty for hitting a pedestrian is a $78 dollar fine

It’s illegal to go downtown without at least $10 dollars

It’s illegal for you to tow anything on a bike

Having a hotdog stand can cost you 30 days in jail

Hotdog venders must be properly attired.

It’s illegal to set off a nuclear bomb in the city park ( this one concerns me due to the fact why they needed it. )

It’s illegal to go to a public beach

It’s illegal to hang your cloths on a clothesline

The state constitution allows for freedom of speech, a trial by jury, and pregnant pigs to not be confined in cages.

No pigs allowed ( Did I miss something here )

Last edited by Starlady01; 03-16-2010 at 05:22 AM..

Old 03-16-2010, 10:11 AM

Florida
• (SARASOTA) It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
• Apparently with an exaggerated idea of the laws of thermal dynamics, the city council of West Palm Beach, Fla., once decreed that the roofs of all outhouses be fireproof.
• A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
• Big Pine Key: It is illegal to molest a Key deer; If caught one will be fined or will have to go to jail.
• Cape Coral: It is against the city ordinance to hang your clothes outside on a clothesline; It it illegal to park a pick-up truck in your driveway or in front of your house on the street (This law is limited to only those who do not own the house)
• Daytona Beach: The molestation of trash cans is banned; While intoxicated, being under influence of narcotics is prohibited; It shall be unlawful for any person to swim or bathe in that portion of the Atlantic Ocean within the corporate limits of the city when under the influence of intoxicating liquor or narcotic drugs to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired;
• Don't plan on using any of the celebratory Champagne bottle sizes known as Methuselahs, Salamanazars, Balthazars or Nebuchadnezzars. These very traditional Champagne bottle sizes are all illegal in Florida.
• Florida deals with its prostitution problem by giving prostitutes spending money, a five-year banishment, and a bus ticket out of town.
• Florida law forbids rats to leave the ships docked in Tampa Bay.
• Florida prohibits topless walking or running within a 150 foot zone between the beach and the street.
• Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
• Hialeah: Ambling and strolling is a misdemeanor.
• If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
• In Florida failure to tell your neighbor his house is on fire is illegal.
• In Florida it is illegal to fish while driving across a bridge.
• In Florida, a special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
• In Florida, men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
• In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays may be jailed.
• In Miami, Florida it is illegal for a man to wear any kind of strapless gown.
• In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
• In Miami, it's illegal for men to be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
• Miami Shores Village, Fla., has for years required that all goods made in Communist countries and offered for sale in Miami Shores Village be clearly marked as such. The ordinance notes that such goods are often marked in a "false, misleading or inadequate manner, to hide their Communist origins."
• In Sarasota it is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
• In Saratoga, Florida it is illegal to sing while wearing a bathing suit.
• It is considered an offense to shower naked.
• It is illegal to block any traveled wagon road.
• It is illegal to fart in a public place after 6:00pm on a Thursday.
• It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
• It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
• It's against a Key West, Fla., ordinance to spit on a church floor.
• It's illegal in Florida for an unmarried man and woman to live together in "open and gross lewdness." Connecticut once had a similar law, but only the woman was penalized.
• Key West: Chickens are considered a 'protected species'.
• Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
• Miami: It is illegal for men to be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown; No person shall operate a bicycle unless it is equipped with a bell or device capable of giving a signal audible for a distance of at least 100 feet, but no bicycle shall be equipped with, nor shall any person use upon a bicycle, any siren or whistle.

• Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.
• Pensacola: Citizens may not be caught downtown without at least 10 dollars on their person; It is illegal to roll a barrel on any street, fines go up according to the contents of the barrel; A women can be fined (only after death), for being electrocuted in a bath-tub because of using self-beautification utensils.
• Pinecrest: In order to operate a burglar alarm, a permit must be obtained.
• Sanford Stage: Nudity is banned, with the exception of "bona fide" theatrical performances. Violating this ordinance results in a $100 fine.
• Sarasota: If you hit a pedestrian you are fined $78.00; You may not catch crabs.
• Tampa Bay: It is illegal to eat cottage cheese on Sunday after 6:00 P.M.
• Under a 1959 ordinance, stubborn children were considered vagrants in Jupiter Inlet Colony, Fla.
• When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.
• Women can be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer. The salon owner can also be fined for this horrible crime.
• Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
• You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.
• You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.
• You may not kiss your wife's breasts.

o
ther state's here;

Bored.com - Dumb and Crazy Laws

Last edited by Starlady01; 03-16-2010 at 10:24 AM..

Old 03-16-2010, 04:33 PM

It’s illegal to have sex with another person in Florida

Well, well, boys and girls… this is the big one. Since the term lascivious is a subjective adjective, ANY sexual conduct can technically be interpreted as lascivious. Therefor, it is by law, illegal to have sex with another person in Florida even with your husband or wife…
800.02 Unnatural and lascivious act.
A person who commits any unnatural and lascivious act with another person commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. A mother’s breastfeeding of her baby does not under any circumstance violate this section.

When having sex, only the missionary position is legal. (admission they do know people break the law)

it is also against the law to have sex in the same room or to allow a child to view a sex act it is considered Child molestation and you have to register as a Child molester ( I happen to agree with this one ) yes it can be and is enforced

Last edited by Starlady01; 03-16-2010 at 05:22 PM..

Old 03-16-2010, 09:42 PM

I say lets keep all the laws maybe being a little more specific or maybe adding more to them. These laws were sadly made for a reason.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 AM

According to Florida law I can post this legally.

No Florida Law was broken while posting this Video.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:18 PM

Oral sex is illegal also Ii omitted it simply because I don' think it is a dumb law.

Here are some really dumb laws.
Alabama
Children of incestuous couples are deemed legitimate.
Incestuous marriages are legal.
No persons may sell "blow-out nuts". ( I have not a clue )
Slavery is still legal in Decatur, Alabama.

Arizona
A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

Arkansas
A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

California
In Los Angeles a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap. Consent should be given prior to the event, as is carefully stipulated. (Like a womans says sure give me more give more) What ever

Illinois
An Illinois state law requires that a man's female companion shall call him "master" while out on a date. The law does not apply to married couples.

Champaign: One may not pee in his neighbor's mouth.
(Not that I don't agree just WHY)

Massachusetts
All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday.

Michigan
A Michigan law states that a wife's hair legally belongs to her husband.
A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.

Minnesota
A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission

Montana
It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail.
Seven or more Indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them.

New York
A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline

South Dakota
If there are more than 5 Native Americans on your property you may shoot them.

Texas
A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.
In Texas it's legal for a chicken to have sex with you, but it's illegal to reciprocate. (I'm sure that chicken was making the moves own these guys O MY) In Florida that is called a cold shower if it turned you on ok ok atleast in my opinion

You can be legally married by publicly introducing a person as your husband or wife 3 times.

Utah
In Utah when a person reaches the age of 50, he/she can then marry their cousin.
No woman may have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance within the boundaries of Tremonton, Utah. If caught, the woman can be charged with a sexual misdemeanor and "her name is to be published in the local newspaper." The man isn't charged nor is his name revealed.

Vermont
In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

These are a few at a glimpse Florida don't look to bad if we can get the law to uphold the law and add a few more to some of the laws.

Last edited by Starlady01; 03-17-2010 at 01:17 PM..

Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM

3,225 posts, read 7,670,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlady01 View Post
when having sex, only the missionary position is legal.
There goes my dream to relocate to the Sunshine State...unless I become a missionary... or find a copy of my great grandfather's private diary.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:02 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,930,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
Oral sex is illegal also i omitted it simply because i don't think it is a dumb law.
Does it hurt anyone? What is the problem with consenting adults doing what they want to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida