U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 08:04 PM

19 posts, read 192,297 times

Advertisements

Hello all! My girlfriend and I (of five years) are planning a vacation to Panama City Beach this summer. We have a waterfront condo reserved, we are doing a dolphin boat ride with snorkeling, airboat ride, etc.

I am planning on proposing to her during this trip and want it to be great. I don't really want to do it during one of the tour rides, since it will not be private (too expensive). We both love hiking, walking, nature, etc., and I was hoping to propose somewhere in St. Andrews State Park.

I would like more of a game plan than just "somewhere" in a park that I've never been to. Can any locals or regular visitors give me a more specific idea of good viewpoints or trails or areas where a proposal might be nice? Any sunset views?

If nothing in St. Andrews, I am also open to more ideas in the general Panama City Beach area.

Thanks for helping, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 PM

807 posts, read 2,827,666 times
I won't presume to tell you how or where to propose...it's got to be all you, my friend... but you can expect sunsets like this:

Old 03-18-2010, 06:35 AM

19 posts, read 192,297 times
I can't see the picture, but I'm sure it's great! Yes, I want it to be all me, but I just didn't know if anyone could reccomend a trail or vantage point, etc., since I've never been to the park! Thanks again!

Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 AM

7,685 posts, read 16,112,809 times
It's not the stereotypical dunes and surf view, but I seem to remember that the part of the trail/road overlooking Gator Lake is quite pretty. There's park info and a clickable map here:

Welcome to Florida State Parks

Old 03-18-2010, 12:54 PM

329 posts, read 655,837 times
the end of the pier at sunset? also a pier @ mexico city about 20 miles east, just east of mexico city is a beach area very few people use the pull off is just before 98 crosses a little stream. also there is a point @ andrews that is sandy could be some people fishing thier....any way you do it good luck.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 AM

33 posts, read 245,356 times
The park is pretty ... just walk around and when the mood hits you ask. I would try to time it around sunset .... Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or