Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 01:15 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What is the point of denying someone medical care based on one's political beliefs? And further more, didn't that doctor take the Hippocratic oath?
If you look him up he is rated as a 2.1 out of five and quality of care 1.6 out of 5. I think anyone he doesn't treat should be pretty happy. The loser is the ones he treats. I don't think this guy is at the top of anyone's list.
He went to school in Granada at St. George's School of Medicine.
He carries liability insurance of $250,000 per claim or not less then $750,000 per year, I have more then that on my car. No academic appointments at all. He has privileges at two small hospitals in Eustis and Leesburg, all in all he is nothing overly remarkable as a doctor. If he pushes this much I have a feeling he is going to be crucified. If you read what people have said about him on a doctors rating sight, he is terrible from a rude staff, to waiting so long they just got up and left.
Actually, the guy is half a quack to start with. His license expires in 01/11, I wonder if he even wants to be a doctor any more with his fledgling practice.

Last edited by mango23; 04-04-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
If you look him up he is rated as a 2.1 out of five and quality of care 1.6 out of 5. I think anyone he doesn't treat should be pretty happy. The loser is the ones he treats. I don't think this guy is at the top of anyone's list.
He carries liability insurance of $250,000 per claim or not less then $750,000 per year, I have more then that on my car. No academic appointments at all. He has privileges at two small hospitals in Eustis and Leesburg, all in all he is nothing overly remarkable as a doctor. If he pushes this much I have a feeling he is going to be crucified. If you read what people have said about him on a doctors rating sight, he is terrible from a rude staff, to waiting so long they just got up and left.
Actually, the guy is half a quack to start with. His license expires in 01/11, I wonder if he even wants to be a doctor any more with his fledgling practice.
Why does this not surprise me!

Usually those that scream loudest have the most to hide!

Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
With all that maybe it is a good thing because he is helping in his own way.

My feelings are that he is looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
His oath continues to be met. He takes office visits and treats the people he does see.

All you have to do is look at his board record to see that.

Like any other business the Doctor is allowed to determine who he wants to see and who he does not.

If he is going to lose money on certain patients because of this HC bill then like any other business he can turn away who he wants to.

Any private businesses in most states can turn away any customer they want to.

He is in business to make money and treat people. But he has the right to decide who to treat and who not to treat.

There is a huge difference in being a Doctor in an ER when you are working for a hospital and being a private business like he has.

No one surely wants to force a Doctor to see patients he does not want to see now would they? That would not be right.

No doctor, lawyer, gift shop, grocery store or any business should be forced to lose money on their goods and services like this HC bill will do to many doctors.

This is just a start.

There is a doctor around the Cincinnati Ohio area who has now put up a sign and let people know he only accepts cash. No insurance, no medicare, nothing.

His office visits are cash only 45.00 plus charges for other items to be paid in cash.

He said he can no longer make money accepting medicare patients if the government is going to reduce the payments to him another 21%.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,892 times
Hi...
This is bout the doctors. Doctors do their jobs faithfully and they are devotion to their patient. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:52 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
His oath continues to be met. He takes office visits and treats the people he does see.

All you have to do is look at his board record to see that.

Like any other business the Doctor is allowed to determine who he wants to see and who he does not.

If he is going to lose money on certain patients because of this HC bill then like any other business he can turn away who he wants to.

Any private businesses in most states can turn away any customer they want to.

He is in business to make money and treat people. But he has the right to decide who to treat and who not to treat.

There is a huge difference in being a Doctor in an ER when you are working for a hospital and being a private business like he has.

No one surely wants to force a Doctor to see patients he does not want to see now would they? That would not be right.

No doctor, lawyer, gift shop, grocery store or any business should be forced to lose money on their goods and services like this HC bill will do to many doctors.

This is just a start.

There is a doctor around the Cincinnati Ohio area who has now put up a sign and let people know he only accepts cash. No insurance, no medicare, nothing.

His office visits are cash only 45.00 plus charges for other items to be paid in cash.

He said he can no longer make money accepting medicare patients if the government is going to reduce the payments to him another 21%.
Well said. I think we will see a lot more docotors cutting back on the patients they see and more going to a cash-only basis. The more doctors get squeezed by the federal government the more that will retire or find other ways to get out of the medicare system. Before the health care bill passed there was survey that showed that 40% of doctors would consider retiring if the bill passed and a larger number said they would not encourage anyone to become a doctor if it becase law.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Or this might simply be a way to call attention to his disagreeing with current policies, etc. The Doctor has a right to voice his opinions and how the current administration has impacted his practice.

This is still America folks.......you can disagree with him, but he has a right to have an opinion. He has not refused patients, he has just voiced his displeasure with current policies. It's not an E.R., and folks are not being denied needed care.

As I said, you may not agree with his politics. But he has the right to voice them. Those of you who do not agree, you have the right not to go to him.

Will he lose some patients? Perhaps. Does he care? Apparently not. Will he perhaps GAIN some patients, as there are those who agree with his views? Perhaps.

Here is an interesting quote about the health care bill;

This just in. Kristine Tenebruso wrote: "So, they passed a health care plan written by a committee whose Chairman says he didn't understand it, passed by a Congress that exempts themselves from it, signed by a President who smokes, with funding administered by a Treasury Chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by... a Surgeon General who is obese...AND to... be financed by a country that is broke."

Some here post that it is scary when they read about someone who states his displeasure on the current administration. I also think it is scary how quick many here were ready to crucify him for his freedom of speech. That also is scary.....it is getting tough being a common sense conservative around here.......

For the record, I do not agree with his sign. It would have been better if his sign said something like; "Current Gov't policies are adversely impacting my practice to the point that severe changes may soon take place", or something like that....

Frank

Old 04-05-2010, 05:52 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
When we start controlling everything someone says no matter what occupation they are in then we are no longer America and no longer stand for any freedoms that makes us so great.

He has a right like anyone else to express his feelings, just because he is a Doctor does not take away his right, in fact he is one of those who will be far more informed and impacted then many of those who would oppose his views.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:34 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,842 times
Let's face people around here at least have never wanted the new health care I remember when it first started with the company insurances people were complaining even then. This was back in the mid 80's what makes you think they like it now. It has nothing to with Obama how ever he has made it even worse then it was already. People just don't like to be told whom they can see, they don't like it. I've heard about the health care Since the mid 80's an no one likes it but a few people whom have no clue.

People in Florida don't like it because we had a great health care and now it has gone downhill big time.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:31 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcole07 View Post
Here is what he said:
"I'm not turning anybody away -- that would be unethical," said Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, a Mount Dora urologist and a registered Republican. "But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it."

The sign says: "If you voted for Obama . . . seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."
It sounds to me like he is turning away patients. You can tell the guy is an unprofessional idiot anyway, so maybe he is doing those patients a favor, but I do hope he gets in trouble for this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida