Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:03 PM

13,396 posts, read 44,888,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
maybe he just has the courage of his convictions.....
IMHO he is not showing courage. He appears to be, like many other right wingers, a sore loser who is having a hissy fit.
He does not appear to be that super informed about the health care changes."Cassell: Well you know, I can’t tell you exactly what the deal is."
His 15 minutes of fame are about over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 08:04 PM

60 posts, read 188,449 times
Dear Magnolia Bloom, Frankly I feel a doctor has the right to refuse any patient for any reason provided it's not an emergency. We worry to much in this country about "our rights" what about other peoples rights to their beliefs even if it inconviences us. Provided it isn't a matter of life and death, so be it. Cadillac 811

Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,881,310 times
One word -- pathetic.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 AM

492 posts, read 1,392,897 times
Default Rules and "typical"

"A doctor is not a typical business. If he doesn't like the rules of the game he should have picked a different profession."

Can you tell me where the definition of "typical business" is and also the "rules of the game" for the doctors profession.

Just want to know...

Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,545,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
If you look him up he is rated as a 2.1 out of five and quality of care 1.6 out of 5. I think anyone he doesn't treat should be pretty happy. The loser is the ones he treats. I don't think this guy is at the top of anyone's list.
He went to school in Granada at St. George's School of Medicine.
He carries liability insurance of $250,000 per claim or not less then $750,000 per year, I have more then that on my car. No academic appointments at all. He has privileges at two small hospitals in Eustis and Leesburg, all in all he is nothing overly remarkable as a doctor. If he pushes this much I have a feeling he is going to be crucified. If you read what people have said about him on a doctors rating sight, he is terrible from a rude staff, to waiting so long they just got up and left.
Actually, the guy is half a quack to start with. His license expires in 01/11, I wonder if he even wants to be a doctor any more with his fledgling practice.
Where did you look up the rating and how many of them gave him a bad rating because of his political views?

I can assure you that most of his bad ratings were put up since this article was posted. I guess everyone does not have the same rights.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I don't see where anyone is telling him who he has to see or not. He is free to not see anyone if he doesn't want to. He decided to take a pro active stance and make himself the center of the story. You notice we don't talk about the Haiti earth quake anymore. People will forget who this guy is in like 30 seconds as we move on the the news cycle. In his town through people will not forget and he has pretty much ruined his practice and for what?.

You have to wonder what is in someone's mind when they do such a self destructive thing? Not the kind of person you would want as your doctor regardless what your personal politics are. I hope no one thinks this was a smart business idea as some on here seem to think. Would anyone on here want to trade places with this guy now? Look at the grief he has drawn down on his kids because their father is a radical. This is not a political discussion it is about an unbalanced man practicing as a doctor making poor knee jerk decisions in his personal life. maybe he was no something when he stuck up the sign because it make so little sense.
A radical? Now someone that doesn't agree with your views is a radical.
And he is unbalanced for sharing his views?

Are liberals the only ones allowed to speak their mind? If we do not go along are we to be ostracized?

Old 04-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Then he would express them in other more constructive ways. Not a self destructive act that not only effects him but his whole family. This is not rational behavior to hurt the ones you are suppose to love along with yourself. He had no way of knowing what the outcome of what he was doing would be, be it positive of negative, yet he went ahead and subjected his family to unknown results of his radical behavior. This has nothing to do with convictions, just a frustrated man whose life seems to be spinning out of control publicly.
You make some rather bold assumptions there.

Have you looked at his appointment schedule to know that this is hurting business or went over to his house to know how this is affecting his family?

Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,728,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
A radical? Now someone that doesn't agree with your views is a radical.
And he is unbalanced for sharing his views?

Are liberals the only ones allowed to speak their mind? If we do not go along are we to be ostracized?
His actions speak for themselves. His actions were to say the least, irrational. He has done his family and kids who are in collage one going into a military school no good. Everything about doctors in Florida are public record. This guy is pretty much a nothing with his tiny practice and mediocre education from an off shore medical school. When you see those diplomas on the wall, run out of the office.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
You make some rather bold assumptions there.

Have you looked at his appointment schedule to know that this is hurting business or went over to his house to know how this is affecting his family?
The point is, he reacted much like a guy involved in road rage. He had no way of knowing what would happen due to his actions but chose a radical thoughtless way to express his views. It goes without saying it will hurt his business. These things never have an upside. You actually refuse to recognize the obvious just because you agree with him.

Let me ask you, would you jeperdize you whole way of life and possibly your families well being due to a political view? I think you are a realter of something, do you give a test to your perspective clients to be sure they share your political views? Of course not because you are not an idiot, this guy is.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Where did you look up the rating and how many of them gave him a bad rating because of his political views?

I can assure you that most of his bad ratings were put up since this article was posted. I guess everyone does not have the same rights.
How the ratings happened don't really matter, they are there. Very few people in the future will even know about this 15 minutes of fame, jus what people said about him be it true of not. All they will know is he has one of the lowest ratings in the state. Few will ever read any of the over 1000 remarks they just look at the score. If he didn't foresee this he is even a bigger idiot then we even think. He has hurt himself and his family for what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida