U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 PM

5,915 posts, read 6,190,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
the mod is just doing his/her job. You need to ask your self why is it so important to you to show your race or "ethnicity" superiority. What is your purpose? Spread hate? God must be proud of you for your Jesus like actions.

I wasnt speaking about the mods. If I'm talking about something that happened to me in a parking lot or on the roads and mention who it was, or a description, it's a racist comment. Even if someone asks, if I answer, it's usually deleted. Or if we have a few robberies or stoen vehicles in our area, if I were to post the article about it, if the suspect is anything other than white, it gets deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM

9,062 posts, read 16,524,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Unfortunately Orlando already transformed in what you describe...when We moved to Orlando in 2003 from Fort Lauderdale to "escape" that, it was nice, then within 4 years Kissimmee, Poinciana OVER developed at a very FAST pace and then all that migrated north...crime increased like you wouldn't believe and if you happened to step into a Publix somewhere by 528 (toll road) or 417, the rudeness of people at checkout was shocking! we literally got pushed over by a "lady" so she can get in front of us in line! could NOT understand why that was necessary....Let me put it this way...I would NOT recommend my enemies to move to Orlando!
Well I hope you pushed her back. I'm normally a very polite person, I hold doors open, and I usually allow others with only a couple of items to go ahead of me, but when someone deliberately tries to walk over me I can get ugly really quick. People with no manners have to be put in their place sometimes.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 PM

780 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
No way. In a few neighborhoods, maybe, but not most of the city. And if you're talking about St. Pete, not at all.
I agree.. I also rarely if ever hear spanish in Pasco and Hernando as well as most of Polk or Lake Counties. In much of Volusia county you rarely hear spanish outside of Deltona. In Brevard county the only place I hear a decent amount of spanish is in Palm Bay.The rest of the Orlando area has much more spanish speaking over the past decade wth the highest concentration in Poinciana and urban Osceola county though not much when you get into the northern part of Orlando metro. I've been traveling and doing business in these areas for upwards of 20 years now. My gut feeling tells me to expect a more interesting mix from diverse areas of this country and world with a greater proportion from places like Canada, Brazil, the European Union and China as well as northerners and midwesterners to be moving to central FL over the coming decades as SoFla continues on it's course of the past three decades and what is left of the old south slowly disappears in the central part of the state as well.. From what I see going on in and around downtown Orlando through the heart of Winter Park it won't end up being anything like Miami. Hope this helps the OP.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
I agree.. I also rarely if ever hear spanish in Pasco and Hernando as well as most of Polk or Lake Counties. In much of Volusia county you rarely hear spanish outside of Deltona. In Brevard county the only place I hear a decent amount of spanish is in Palm Bay.The rest of the Orlando area has much more spanish speaking over the past decade wth the highest concentration in Poinciana and urban Osceola county though not much when you get into the northern part of Orlando metro. I've been traveling and doing business in these areas for upwards of 20 years now. My gut feeling tells me to expect a more interesting mix from diverse areas of this country and world with a greater proportion from places like Canada, Brazil, the European Union and China as well as northerners and midwesterners to be moving to central FL over the coming decades as SoFla continues on it's course of the past three decades and what is left of the old south slowly disappears in the central part of the state as well.. From what I see going on in and around downtown Orlando through the heart of Winter Park it won't end up being anything like Miami. Hope this helps the OP.

And that's an unfortunate thing, but I think you're right. FL isnt the south anymore, for the most part at least. Gotta head north!

Old 04-12-2010, 05:56 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,840,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
exactly

Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 PM

131,621 posts, read 44,030,577 times
It's already disgusting to try and order food in Tampa and the order taker can't understand you in English. So yes. Central FL is just a matter of time before anything south of I-4 in my opinion will be a mixed bag of who knows what. If I need to be bilingual to get the job why is that not a requirement with everyone else who doesn't speak English? Central FL is not the FL I grew up in now.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
It's already disgusting to try and order food in Tampa and the order taker can't understand you in English. So yes. Central FL is just a matter of time before anything south of I-4 in my opinion will be a mixed bag of who knows what. If I need to be bilingual to get the job why is that not a requirement with everyone else who doesn't speak English? Central FL is not the FL I grew up in now.

I know what you mean Nomadicus, it sucks. We're headed to NC. Rather than pretend FL is what it used to be, or rather than us changing with the times, we'll just head to NC.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM

5,453 posts, read 4,069,339 times
Quote:
If I need to be bilingual to get the job why is that not a requirement with everyone else who doesn't speak English? Central FL is not the FL I grew up in now.
I would also LOVE TO KNOW when the Spanish speaking will be required to be bilingual also...it only seems FAIR!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 PM

25,444 posts, read 7,249,250 times
Quote:
Agreed... it's just a matter of time before ALL of Florida becomes South Florida. It's moving on up like The Jefferson's. No stopping it! Everything is now being translated into Spanish... Enter/Exit Signs, Stop Signs, Maps, etc. It's disgusting. I was born and raised in Orlando... the Orlando today is much different than the Orlando I remember, and it's sad. Really sad.

So to answer the question... yes, I believe Central Florida will in time mimic South Florida.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:43 PM

2,602 posts, read 4,583,864 times
Where in Tampa are all of these Spanish-speaking restaurant employees? I eat all over Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties and can count on one hand the times I've had to breakdown my order into simple terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida