U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:55 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,652,354 times

Advertisements

AHHHHHHH! Ok, sorry, had to let it out. I am so frustrated with CSE. You can never talk to the same person and every time I ask a question, the SAME question, mind you, I get a different answer. I know they are over worked and have a HUGE case load, but I need to find out what to do. My ex has never paid regularly and has always been behind, but it's better now because he went gambling and won some money and got almost caught up. However, because of the arrearage for all those years, there is still about 16K owed in interest. I was told I could collect this, by the judge the last time we were in court ( dec 09) but now the enforcement department says no, they won't do it.

So, after that long boring story, what do I do? Who do I call? Thank you for any valid suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 10:28 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,877,100 times
You would probably have to file a motion but it is covered under Judgment by Operation of Law and the interest rate is set yearly.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Is this something I can do myself? because the CSE worker told me they would not help me. Thanks!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:27 PM

2,143 posts, read 7,180,161 times
If you have a judgment, you have to collect it like any other money judgment. It's difficult in Florida. You might need to hire an attorney, but there is no guarantee you will get paid.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 PM

15,570 posts, read 8,729,016 times
They are horrible in FL. They probably aren't going after your ex because they were after my DH and he was paying his CS. My DH was on disability and they took the child support out of his check plus the kids got money for his disability and once a year he would get a summons because he was thousands behind.

I would suggest that you do every thing in writing with them. I would also call to see if his name is on the list for his taxes to go to you for arrears.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:36 PM

Remember, you can go after back child support with an attorney, instead of counting on the state to do it for you. You will have better luck, and not be dealing with some government lackey. It's really not the job of the government to get involved in this stuff anyway.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Remember, you can go after back child support with an attorney, instead of counting on the state to do it for you. You will have better luck, and not be dealing with some government lackey. It's really not the job of the government to get involved in this stuff anyway.
Actually it is their job but people also have to keep after them.
I finally have a court date to establish arrears, it only took 3 years to get the court date.

OP, call the Tallahassee number and speak with someone there rather than the 800#. 850-922-9590

Old 04-10-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Actually it is their job but people also have to keep after them.
I finally have a court date to establish arrears, it only took 3 years to get the court date.

OP, call the Tallahassee number and speak with someone there rather than the 800#. 850-922-9590
The government needs to close this whole section down. I had nothing to do with the marriage. I did not have anything to do with the making of the baby. All of it was done by choice. It is absolutely wrong to expect my taxes to pay for someone else's mistake.

I really wish people would be responsible for themselves, and not expect their taxpaying neighbors, i.e., the "government", to solve their own problems.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
The government needs to close this whole section down. I had nothing to do with the marriage. I did not have anything to do with the making of the baby. All of it was done by choice. It is absolutely wrong to expect my taxes to pay for someone else's mistake.

I really wish people would be responsible for themselves, and not expect their taxpaying neighbors, i.e., the "government", to solve their own problems.
Well we can cut out a lot of things then. Road repair, schools, public water, public sewer, libraries and the list goes on and on. Not everyone uses all those things why should they have to pay taxes for them.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:31 AM

Donna,

Yeah, I know how that goes. My husband does the right thing and has always paid except after a car accident when he was unable to work, and it's him they bother. It's like the bug the ones that are already paying to make their numbers look better or something. I have heard thhis same thing from so many different people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or