U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 AM

54 posts, read 121,165 times

Advertisements

Ok I have read a lot of negative comments here, yes some good experiences too but on the whole the posts from 2008-2009 seem to be overall pretty appauling.

Whilst the traffic problem probably is still as it was then, how about the crime rates and the foreclosure levels? Area Properties and areas degrading fast?

Many people have said that with the planned Rail and slowing of the foreclosures that the area does have some potential and that the crime is now not nearly as bad as it was 2007-2008?

Your honest and objective views are gratefully received as I am considering purchasing an investment (cant remember the village number, but all the roads are bird names!) with the intention of renting it out long term for a while until things change.....

Many thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 01:29 PM

17 posts, read 42,210 times
I can personally tell you that Village 7 of Poinciana has changed for the better and the community continues to improve daily. They are building up sidewalks along all the main avenues, new expansion of Laurel Elementary and the LARGE Beautiful Lake Marion Creek Elementary School... Lets not forget to mention the recent uptick of law enforcement patrols in the area with the addition of the new Substation off of Lake Marion Creek Drive, Poinciana 34759. The APV (HOA) Recently signed an agreement with Polk County and Osceola Sheriff's to have additional patrols in the area to detect, deter criminal activity using HOA Due's.

Foreclosures are still scattered on every block, however recently the housing inventory in Village 7 of Poinciana has dropped to 2007 lows.

I just recently purchased a bank owned property, I have confidence in the area and with the coming of high speed rail and the south port connector (linking Poinciana to the Florida Turnpike) My 2600 sq ft home 4/2.5 is going to be worth well more then I paid in a few years. I'm investing $5,000 right now in the landscaping of my yard. I hope to inspire others in the area to take pride in homeownership. Welcome to the new Poinciana, Poinciana 2010...

Take care of yourself and eachother out there..

Last edited by oisurf; 04-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM

Great news, any other similar stories out there?

Also while I am on the matter.... which are the better neighbourhoods of Poinciana and which ar to be avoided?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:01 AM

I will tell you that from my personal experience, if you can't live in Solivita or any of the minor Sub divided communities along the out-skirts of Poinciana, Village 7 or 8 are going to be your best investments. Long term gain to be maid out there due to the large saturation of underdevloped land.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:05 PM

255 posts, read 674,740 times
I would have to agree with oisurf on village 7 and 8! Although we have seen some downturn of property occupancy and trouble with crime, things seem to be on the upswing in these villages for the most part. I would avoid village 5 definately for investment or even living consideration but that's just my opinion. The schools here are doing very well and the extra presence of patrol seems to be deterring trouble some, but baby steps are needed for a long and meaningful growth

Now is definately the time to buy investment homes in Poinciana because the prices are already starting to go up slightly and there are many homes still available due to forclosure but they are going quickly. Unfortunately the forclosure homes are nice homes, they were just not worth the insane money they were sold for a few years ago; however, now they are nice homes for good prices.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Job done... a nice Village 7 property is now mine! lol Many thanks for your help all

Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 PM

Awesome Patty! I live near Lake Marion Creek Elementary, YOU Must take a walk in the mornings along the new sidewalks and watch the morning sun rise out here! YOU WILL BE SO PROUD of your new neighborhood, feel good about your purchase, good change is coming.

I've seen so much activity going on with the foreclosed properties around my home as of late. Like Mia said, they are going fast.

So for anyone else reading this post because you are considering moving to this area, Please check out Village 7 or 8 - I'm telling everyone that by 2011 when Legolands LARGEST PARK EVER open's up in Winter Haven (which is only 15-20 mins from Village 7) this area is going to be the main stage for ANY and ALL future development for the region.

Everyone out here loves their home and neighbors! More nice one's wanted -

Old 05-19-2010, 04:59 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,632,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oisurf View Post
Awesome Patty! I live near Lake Marion Creek Elementary, YOU Must take a walk in the mornings along the new sidewalks and watch the morning sun rise out here! YOU WILL BE SO PROUD of your new neighborhood, feel good about your purchase, good change is coming.

I've seen so much activity going on with the foreclosed properties around my home as of late. Like Mia said, they are going fast.

So for anyone else reading this post because you are considering moving to this area, Please check out Village 7 or 8 - I'm telling everyone that by 2011 when Legolands LARGEST PARK EVER open's up in Winter Haven (which is only 15-20 mins from Village 7) this area is going to be the main stage for ANY and ALL future development for the region.

Everyone out here loves their home and neighbors! More nice one's wanted -
Not until they do something about the ridiculous traffic problems it won't be. You think you've got a traffic nightmare now? It's only going to get worse, and Osceola/Polk not only haven't begun to address it, they also have no money at all set aside and no Federal grant money applied for to do so.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 AM

Well, you do raise some valid points. But only one could hope that the counties will pick up on the possibilities for our community to capitalize on this new theme park to our subdivisions south.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,440 times
I am thinking of buying in Poinciana and would like to get info on utilities in the area. Can someone please help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida