U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,429,654 times

Advertisements

Browsing the forum this morning and looking at the new photos posted in the photo section makes me miss Florida so bad.

I miss the sand, the palm trees, the beautiful scenery, sunsets, the smells, food and being able to wear shorts and flip flops anytime you want.

We are looking at making the move sometime next year. Many of you know we had to put off the move this year because of my mothers illness but we have decided to make a "goal" of moving to Florida sometime next summer.

We talk Florida all day and all night. At breakfast, lunch, dinner we all talk Florida.

When we are in the car heading to a ballgame or dance lessons we talk Florida.

Even before we go to sleep at night we have a family saying of FLA!!
( Like the Walton's )

Hopefully we will get to come down this summer and spend some time at the beach, Disney, exploring and collecting some shells.

To all of you who live in Florida congrats because it must be so great to be in a place that you really enjoy.

Reading the success stories everyday in the Florida forum helps a ton also. Knowing that many of you have made successful moves to Florida and seem to be very happy with your moves.

To all of you who post everyday about the positives of Florida living thank you. You keep our heart pounding knowing it is just a matter of time.

Thanks for sharing your information and photos, many of us surely appreciate it. We cannot wait to see that Welcome to Florida sign in person.

Fla!

Sunny

Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,926,013 times
I'm right there with you! We're hoping to get down there by next Summer (2011) as well. We just need to buckle down and pay off some of the last miscellaneous bills we have hanging around (besides our regular monthly stuff) and then start trying to save save save (and then closer to next summer try to have my husband find a job and then somehow get down there).

Trying to ignore all the naysayers on this site and focus on the positive posters and our goal. Let's keep in touch and maybe before you know it we'll be posting on how we can't believe we're actually here!

Old 04-19-2010, 01:54 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,792,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
I'm right there with you! We're hoping to get down there by next Summer (2011) as well. We just need to buckle down and pay off some of the last miscellaneous bills we have hanging around (besides our regular monthly stuff) and then start trying to save save save (and then closer to next summer try to have my husband find a job and then somehow get down there).

Trying to ignore all the naysayers on this site and focus on the positive posters and our goal. Let's keep in touch and maybe before you know it we'll be posting on how we can't believe we're actually here!
exactly

Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,919,284 times
It really is great here in the Panhandle ; especially if youre semi retired . People, beaches, scenery are all nice. In the middle of summer however...im just a little less enthused but still grateful for being here.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:37 PM

4,343 posts, read 6,057,486 times
Florida grows on you. We came here in 2005 and sometimes we kick and scream and think we'll go elsewhere, but in the end, the elsewhere will be somewhere else in Florida. It sorta gets it's hooks under your skin, in a good way.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:06 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,491,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Browsing the forum this morning and looking at the new photos posted in the photo section makes me miss Florida so bad.

I miss the sand, the palm trees, the beautiful scenery, sunsets, the smells, food and being able to wear shorts and flip flops anytime you want.

We are looking at making the move sometime next year. Many of you know we had to put off the move this year because of my mothers illness but we have decided to make a "goal" of moving to Florida sometime next summer.

We talk Florida all day and all night. At breakfast, lunch, dinner we all talk Florida.

( Like the Walton's )

Hopefully we will get to come down this summer and spend some time at the beach, Disney, exploring and collecting some shells.

To all of you who live in Florida congrats because it must be so great to be in a place that you really enjoy.

Reading the success stories everyday in the Florida forum helps a ton also. Knowing that many of you have made successful moves to Florida and seem to be very happy with your moves.

To all of you who post everyday about the positives of Florida living thank you. You keep our heart pounding knowing it is just a matter of time.

Thanks for sharing your information and photos, many of us surely appreciate it. We cannot wait to see that Welcome to Florida sign in person.

Fla!

Sunny
I think most people feel that way before they move to Fla. I know i did. It was almost an obsession. Everybody loves a new adventure. I hope you can move down soon ,it's starting to sound pretty serious. Especially that Walton thing. Good Luck

Old 04-19-2010, 07:34 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,262,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I think most people feel that way before they move to Fla. I know i did. It was almost an obsession. Everybody loves a new adventure. I hope you can move down soon ,it's starting to sound pretty serious. Especially that Walton thing. Good Luck

Yup, me too. I was literally obsessed about leaving Asheville NC to move to Orlando.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:42 PM

187,012 posts, read 76,902,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

( Like the Walton's )

Fla!

Sunny
Come on back down. The fish are always biting somewhere.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,534,682 times
Wow, I remember that feeling... back in 1994.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:24 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,429,654 times
The purpose of this thread.

Where do I start.

Setting goals in life and staying positive with a positive outlook helps you reach your goals.

Constantly being negative about something you experienced will tear you down as a person. If it did not work for you then you need to look in a mirror because it has to have been something you did wrong.

Being positive spreads to others and helps other understand that anything you want in life can be obtained once you set your goals and work towards meeting your goal.

But I can assure you being negative and constantly making sure you spread negativity about something only make YOU appear that you never met your goals or had problems with being positive in life.

This thread is a POSITIVE thread that the majority who have posted in in understand.

What is wrong with people missing Florida Daily Journalist?

Many people miss Florida but you seem to not be able to understand that.

With huge amount of successful people who live in and have move dto Florida should have you thinking that maybe it was something you did in your life that went wrong. Maybe all the negative thoughts? Or wishing negative on others who have done everything right?

You sent me a message a while back telling me that you were going to post in the Florida forum all the negatives you can, so I ask you personally, what is the purpose of you posting in this thread or in this forum for a matter of fact? I thought you hated Florida so bad?

You can toss all the negativity in as many post as you want put many here already know who the constant negative posters are and believe me most of them ignore the bashers.

To make is easy for you to understand, this thread is about setting a goal, we have set out goal for next summer and we are excited that we finally just set the goal and will be positive every day about the things we need to do to get to our goal.

Since you seem to follow me around the Florida forum you should know I have an ill mother or our butts would already be in Florida living the dream life.

Positive thoughts are contagious, it rubs off on others and from the huge amount of successful people who post in my other thread it should show you that you must have done something wrong.

For all those who have moved to Florida or live in Florida I hope you all know that I envy all of you and hope only the best for you. While some of those constant negative minded people want to come in a ruin good things we all know why they are doing it.

Sad that someone has left Florida and comes to troll and bait people all the time because they had issues making it in Florida. Gosh doesn't it get old after a while to live your life in such constant negativity?

What you are doing is trolling or more simple terms trying to ruin a good thread with your negativity.

Remember positive thoughts will make your life better.

Move over everyone, the truck will be heading to Florida before you know it and with it will be a family who loves Florida, enjoys everything it has to offer and will enjoy every minute of every day living in paradise. Maybe we can all get together for a big ole BBQ feast. Only positive people need apply!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or