U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 03:07 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,662,432 times

Advertisements

Trapped inside?!

Spent about four hours at the beach today, and another half hour in the pool... going out now downtown to the waterfront, where undoubtedly there'll be many milling about and eating outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,141,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Me too, ughh it is so hot an humid today. Went outside this morning and decided it was way to hot and humid to spend the day outdoors. Summer is here...
You'll never get acclimated to warmer temps if you sit in AC all day.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:23 PM

4,226 posts, read 5,682,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Slog on, No fresh air, that pretty well describes it.
Perfect description. Ah, the gentle warmth of Florida-where the concrete radiates heat 24 hours a day and where the morning air feels like someone is sitting on your chest. Not to mention the ever popular six months of hurricanes. Ain't summer grand?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 PM

228 posts, read 460,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
+1 - I felt cold today when I went inside my house that is set at 80. This is the perfect weather.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 AM

3,633 posts, read 8,519,729 times
I work inside and outside all day every day(M-F), and guess what??? After 16 years, I have NOT acclimated to this hellish heat..... After an hour or so outside, I am dying to get back inside, and after I just get used to being cool inside I end up having to be out again, so what is the cure for that????? And no, a different job is not the answer.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,141,486 times
Don't know what the "cure" for being uncomfortable in hot weather is.

I'm happy to see the snowbirders head out and golf fees are half price. Finally get to play some beautiful courses starting today. Lightweight clothing, broad rim hats, 80+SPF sun block, lots of h20 to drink. Then some time in the pool afterwards..... Going to have a great time out in the sun/heat today.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 AM

6,853 posts, read 19,774,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Very true, I agree. As a native Floridian I have never acclimated and probably will never. I get major headaches, migraines as a child from the heat actually. I hate feeling sick and sticky from the heat and humidity, so its easier to just sit in the A/C. I don't know if everyone is built to deal with the heat and humidity here, my mother who is from Europe can work out in the yard for hours and is fine, yet I who was born in Florida can't handle it. I really don't know who my ancestors did it here in Florida before the invention of the a/c.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:31 AM

8,964 posts, read 6,230,728 times
Doggiebus, are you looking into relocating elsewhere?

As a native Floridian, I never really remember caring about the heat that much. I'd play outside all day, and I'm sure I was hot, but I dont remember it ever getting in the way of my day when playing outside.

Now as an adult, it bothers me more. I got used to it I guess, but just dont like it.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 AM

3,633 posts, read 8,519,729 times
Well hopefully i will find out more about what is going on with my body in the next couple days. I went for full panel blood tests, and the doctor told me my heat intolerance may possibly be a thyroid issue. Hoping for the best. All I can say is today just plain sucks. 88 here and index is ALREADY 99.... Yeah, and it is 11AM.... I just came home for a bottle of powerade, I felt nausea coming on, and like I was going to pass out. Lucky me, got to work on the broken sprinkler line after a truck ran it over. I think IMO people are nuts that like to be out in this.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 AM

13,792 posts, read 18,720,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Well hopefully i will find out more about what is going on with my body in the next couple days. I went for full panel blood tests, and the doctor told me my heat intolerance may possibly be a thyroid issue. Hoping for the best. All I can say is today just plain sucks. 88 here and index is ALREADY 99.... Yeah, and it is 11AM.... I just came home for a bottle of powerade, I felt nausea coming on, and like I was going to pass out. Lucky me, got to work on the broken sprinkler line after a truck ran it over. I think IMO people are nuts that like to be out in this.
I also had to leave florida and move north i had a thyroid condition too and it started to give me migraines and rashes and so the dr recomended i move somewhere , where there are four seasons and that is what i did . It is not as if i wanted too but most of my family and friends are down there in florida and do really well with it . go figure yeah i dont think i would do it again without being on medication .move to florida i mean. Oh well good luck to you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida