U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 AM

6,430 posts, read 12,764,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Doggiebus, are you looking into relocating elsewhere?

As a native Floridian, I never really remember caring about the heat that much. I'd play outside all day, and I'm sure I was hot, but I dont remember it ever getting in the way of my day when playing outside.

Now as an adult, it bothers me more. I got used to it I guess, but just dont like it.
Would love to relocate to a place that has better weather. We looked and have come down to two states. But when it comes down to actually moving, I think my better half is scared to leave Florida, as we have long ties to the state and family is here. I still hold out hope, that we will live in a milder climate one day. For now I have learned how to cope with the heat and humidity as much as possible, which means staying in doors from Mid May through October as much as possible.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 11:58 AM

5,598 posts, read 5,803,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Well hopefully i will find out more about what is going on with my body in the next couple days. I went for full panel blood tests, and the doctor told me my heat intolerance may possibly be a thyroid issue. Hoping for the best. All I can say is today just plain sucks. 88 here and index is ALREADY 99.... Yeah, and it is 11AM.... I just came home for a bottle of powerade, I felt nausea coming on, and like I was going to pass out. Lucky me, got to work on the broken sprinkler line after a truck ran it over. I think IMO people are nuts that like to be out in this.

Ahh man, that sucks man. Get out of the heat if it helps - or at least I know you have plans to relocate soon, hope it helps.

A heat index of 99? Are you serious? At 11am on the 1st of June?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Would love to relocate to a place that has better weather. We looked and have come down to two states. But when it comes down to actually moving, I think my better half is scared to leave Florida, as we have long ties to the state and family is here. I still hold out hope, that we will live in a milder climate one day. For now I have learned how to cope with the heat and humidity as much as possible, which means staying in doors from Mid May through October as much as possible.

You're looking into GA and NC, correct?

Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM

3,535 posts, read 5,557,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Ahh man, that sucks man. Get out of the heat if it helps - or at least I know you have plans to relocate soon, hope it helps.

A heat index of 99? Are you serious? At 11am on the 1st of June?
99 degree index at 11AM, that is correct. Today was the worst yet. Hot as hell all day long, still is. 85 feels like 94 right now.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 PM

9,692 posts, read 9,306,127 times
Out on the golf course all day. Drank a liter of h20 continuously over the course of 4 hrs playing golf. Survived but do admit that it was sweltering - and unfortunately our community pool is closed d/t a leak.

Beach tomorrow - hope it's hot. 4 mile run then a dip in the Gulf.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:17 PM

^^^ A long run in the heat? Dont pass out! Lots of H2O!

Old 06-05-2010, 06:35 AM

3,535 posts, read 5,557,122 times
Weekends are the best, I can stay inside for 2 days and feel like a normal human being.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:03 PM

1,181 posts, read 1,786,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Mainly the temperature, and the humidity. I love having the windows open, cool winds blowing, sweaters, jackets, long pants, not sweating, coming inside to warm up, bright red cheeks, the smell of the cold air, the clarity of being outside on cool days, the smell of the air just before it snows, dry snow cruching underfoot, leaves blowing, clouds whipping across a bright blue sky, not sweating the minute I open the door, not having to use car AC, extra blankets at night, and list can go on and on.

I like blustery days in the 30's and 40's. 50's are nice. 60's are ok . 70's
is getting to warm and 80 and above is just no fun at all. I keep my home at 72.

Out of curiosity, did you think the winter was actually chilly? Why? I thought it was very pleasant for the most part.
Lily, I truly feel your pain. I'm a Fla. Native and I HATE the unrelenting heat, I make it to the beach about once every four yrs, lol. When I was a kid growing up in Broward Co.(Plantation), I never really noticed or minded the heat as it was all I knew. It's only been the last 10yrs or so that it has started to really bother me, now I can't stand it. We are finally moving out of Fla and where we are going has Summers with avg temps in 60s-70s, I can't wait! I feel I've missed so much by having only lived here, if I hadn't spent some vacation time up North I would have never seen snow, not to mention all the wildlife and nature I've never seen. As it is, I've never experienced the change of seasons as I've never experienced Fall or Spring. I hope to change all this soon. Hey, I'm not bashing Fla, different strokes ya know as what I hate may be what someone else loves. That's the great thing about the U.S., so much variety. Lily, it sounds like you love colder weather. Would you want to move back up North? Hey just remember how awesome that first cold snap in Oct is gonna feel!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:09 PM

1,181 posts, read 1,786,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
99 degree index at 11AM, that is correct. Today was the worst yet. Hot as hell all day long, still is. 85 feels like 94 right now.
Chris, I'm a fellow heat sufferer too. Yest it was 91 with a heat index of 103, I just can't deal anymore. We are also moving up North. Good luck on your move!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:15 PM

1,457 posts, read 1,775,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I feel I've missed so much by having only lived here
You said exactly how I feel! My spouse came from NJ 25 yrs ago and hated the winters, but at least he got to experience both worlds. Being a FL native too, I want out and he doesn't. It will either end ugly or end good . To be honest, if it wasn't for my parents living down here too, I would have been gone long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida