U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-13-2010, 04:44 PM

208 posts, read 368,406 times
I just love this weather. I am outside all day, every day (by choice). I keep my air at 80 degrees and that feels cold to me. It actually gives me chills and goose bumps.

I feel sorry for those of you that can't tolerate the heat. It must be awful to be inside during this beautiful time of the year. I know, when I lived up north, I was stuck inside from the end of Sept to the middle of May. It was so boring and depressing.

I am glad that we are now in South Florida, enjoying all it has to offer. I was stuck inside during this past cold winter. The cold causes me extreme pain. I was glad it was only for 3 months instead of the typical 8. I will enjoy every last minute of this warmth.

To those of you that hate the heat, or for health reasons can't be in it, maybe a move north would help. I know it is a tough thing to do, but it really is worth everything in the world, to be comfortable where you live. I wish, it wouldn't have taken my husband and I so long to decide to move south. I am a new, rejuvenated person down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-13-2010, 05:11 PM

2,143 posts, read 4,832,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post

To those of you that hate the heat, or for health reasons can't be in it, maybe a move north would help. I know it is a tough thing to do, but it really is worth everything in the world, to be comfortable where you live. I wish, it wouldn't have taken my husband and I so long to decide to move south. I am a new, rejuvenated person down here.
Ah, grasshopper, give it a couple of years.

Unread 06-13-2010, 05:56 PM

2,067 posts, read 2,295,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
I just love this weather. I am outside all day, every day (by choice). I keep my air at 80 degrees and that feels cold to me. It actually gives me chills and goose bumps.

I feel sorry for those of you that can't tolerate the heat. It must be awful to be inside during this beautiful time of the year. I know, when I lived up north, I was stuck inside from the end of Sept to the middle of May. It was so boring and depressing.

I am glad that we are now in South Florida, enjoying all it has to offer. I was stuck inside during this past cold winter. The cold causes me extreme pain. I was glad it was only for 3 months instead of the typical 8. I will enjoy every last minute of this warmth.

It's obvious you haven't been here very long. Enjoy it while it's new.

Unread 06-13-2010, 05:57 PM

5,695 posts, read 4,086,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
So what do you care how we live?????
Making a comment doesn't mean I care how anyone lives. I don't. My Dad was in the Coast Guard and our family got transferred to Atlantic Beach for three years.

It was hell on earth -- literally.

Unread 06-13-2010, 05:59 PM

8,491 posts, read 10,318,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Windows slammed shut. Curtains closed. A/C running wild. Doors barred.

Great way to spend 7 months out of the year.
Quote:
Don't live in FL. Just describing what its like for most who do. I live on the shores of Lake Michigan. 71 degrees today.
In other words, you don't have a clue.

Unread 06-13-2010, 06:02 PM

5,695 posts, read 4,086,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Nice and sorry I didn't mean to accuse. I love it here but my family in Chicago says the lake-effect humidity can be pretty brutal as well, what's your experience with such??
We have our humid days and days with higher dew points. A west wind is just about the only time we don't get the lake effect cooling, otherwise we do. The lake is a giant A/C for us.

Unread 06-13-2010, 06:03 PM

8,491 posts, read 10,318,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Ah, grasshopper, give it a couple of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
It's obvious you haven't been here very long. Enjoy it while it's new.
Some of us have been here for 20 years, should I be expecting to hate it sometime soon?

Unread 06-13-2010, 06:19 PM

3,316 posts, read 2,309,871 times
Quote:
Windows slammed shut. Curtains closed. A/C running wild. Doors barred.

Great way to spend 7 months out of the year.
Ha. Right on the money.

Unread 06-13-2010, 06:23 PM

4,181 posts, read 6,054,117 times
I love the feeling during the summer when your inside a store, and its cold, then you walk outside and get engulfed by the warmth. Feels so good.

Unread 06-13-2010, 06:29 PM

3,127 posts, read 2,059,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I love the feeling during the summer when your inside a store, and its cold, then you walk outside and get engulfed by the warmth. Feels so good.
Me too. It's the only good thing about them keeping the stores so darned cold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida