Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:42 AM

458 posts, read 598,472 times

Advertisements

lingling....landlords are desperate, they are begging for tenants all over Florida. Think about it, I can rent for $2000 or buy for $5000/month in costs. I can take the savings and get 6% in online accounts.

My child's education? Well we hired a girl with a teaching degree from a top university as a nanny/teacher with the money we saved by renting and not buying. Our 2 1/2 year old is so far ahead in both mental and physical skill development it is amazing. Turns out we can provide this young lady with a better and more fulfilling job than the Florida school districts can.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:52 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKing View Post
lingling....landlords are desperate, they are begging for tenants all over Florida. Think about it, I can rent for $2000 or buy for $5000/month in costs. I can take the savings and get 6% in online accounts.

My child's education? Well we hired a girl with a teaching degree from a top university as a nanny/teacher with the money we saved by renting and not buying. Our 2 1/2 year old is so far ahead in both mental and physical skill development it is amazing. Turns out we can provide this young lady with a better and more fulfilling job than the Florida school districts can.
Then you never have any intention of buying so why are you even interested in this discussion? There are many reasons people want to buy. I hopefully will be buying something this weekend I have been looking at for a year. I will drive up there take a last look and make an offer. I plan on making a lowball offer and if it is accepted I will be very happy and I may even be willing to go up a little.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKing View Post

If you satisfied with your living condition and your kid's education, it is wonderful. I am not sure others will have the same luck as you to find a good landlord and a good private teacher.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:36 AM

193 posts, read 489,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1963 View Post
so they should terminate the thread if everyone does not agree with you?..that people should buy now, buy now, buy now!

The offical govt. forclosure stats show the market is crashing...there is nothing to debate...banks will be dumping houses for nothing...wait atleast 2 years to buy.
ABSOLUTELY NOT! It would be a change for the better if this was just an open discussion without the RABID rantings of both sides.

A few days ago or last week, the WSJ had an article regarding bank REO. To sum it up a few of the bigger banks are holding their real estate. No sense to dump now when you can get more later. As to buying now or later.....read the first post. I really don't care either way.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:51 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
My boss and I were talking about this just the other day. Do you have a link or just the title to that article by any chance? THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious View Post
A few days ago or last week, the WSJ had an article regarding bank REO. To sum it up a few of the bigger banks are holding their real estate. No sense to dump now when you can get more later. .

Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Audacious,
Very good, intelligent post.

Thank you, Frank D.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:45 AM

193 posts, read 489,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
My boss and I were talking about this just the other day. Do you have a link or just the title to that article by any chance? THANKS!
I'm still looking for that article but cane across this in the process from another thread.

Real Estate News and Tips for Buyers, Sellers & Investors - Inman News

Old 06-13-2007, 12:04 PM

35 posts, read 132,521 times
[quote=Audacious;874276]RE has gone up and down for a hundred years but overall has gone up.QUOTE]

True: at just above the rate of inflation.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:58 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
What about all those holding costs like mortgage interest, taxes, insurance, maintenance, and dealing with tenants? I would prefer to just invest in municipal bonds than go through the hassle of renting. How does the stock market compare to real estate? Thanks to out-of-control property taxes, I would never consider south Florida real estate for investment anymore.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:52 PM

279 posts, read 471,649 times
Banks will be dumping forclosed houses cause they don't want the hassle...they are not developers they are lenders. It diverts too many resources to manage single homes. The article probably said they are holding onto large office buildings or shopping centers.

Personally i don't care if someone buys or does not buy, i'm just saying it is very dumb to buy now just as the bubble is bursting. Wait atleast a year or two.

Last edited by john1963; 06-13-2007 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida