Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:12 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,519,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I thought the first one was perfect. Lots of color. I have seen much color up in the Green Swamp after some 66 years of observation.

eta: thank you Gatornation for those pics. I enjoy pics and those were lovely.
After moving back to Gainesville last year I was shocked by how many leaves I had to clean up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 PM

83 posts, read 216,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
unkindravens, I enjoyed your post ! Nice writing !
Thanks AnnieA!

That was very nice of you!!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 PM

142 posts, read 362,331 times
I moved to Florida in 07 then moved away at the end of 08 for work. I'm trying SO hard to come back..especially since the real estate prices have dropped so much.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 AM

9 posts, read 27,379 times
I've seen where you have posted before and I always enjoy your feedback, my family and I love Fl and are really thinking on moving to the Tampa area right around Jan. We are pretty laid back and our boys are home schooled (16 & 8) what are some of the nicer areas of Tampa. We are not club people , we are very family oriented.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 AM

9 posts, read 27,379 times
We have been in Jax Fl for about 1 year , and we are looking forward to moving to the Tampa area in Jan. we love it here!!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 11:25 AM

221 posts, read 219,239 times
I ALWAYS somehow end up back in Florida ... I lived in Alabama until I was 10 when we moved to FL. in 1973 ... I left FL for WI in 88 then moved back to florida until 2004 when I lived in Europe until this past October ... and yes, Im back in FL and very happy to be here ... I wont move from here again ... Ive done my wandering ...

Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
First moved to FL (Kissimmee area) in "96, from NJ, moved back to my home state, NY. I returned to FL (Tampa area) 2006, then moved to NC only to return to Fl just a couple of months ago. This return to Florida, hopefully, is FOREVER! I only left the first and second time for health and family related circumstances, neither of which are pulls any longer. So, I'm happy to say, this is home till a body bag comes for me.

I've always enjoyed living in Florida, especially Kissimmee and now Sarasota. My wild days are behind me, but just saying or hear others speak of, Kissimmee, always makes me smile. Back in the late '90's, I developed many wonderful friendships over in Kissimmee/Poinciana, FL. Loved my job there, and many of the people I came to know so well. Years spent there, well, those were some great times. Now, I'm living in Sarasota, working on developing more great memories.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:26 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
^^^ What part of NC did you live in?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Greenville, NC, (not Greenville, SC) I've posted pics over in the coastal NC section. Enjoyed my time there, loved my camping buddies, but prefer living in FL for the weather and ability to get to the beach more easily; at least in my case.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Lived in Florida for a short time in 1986 and caved into family from both sides to come back to Ohio.

We did and now 24 years later our dream of living in Florida is going to become a reality soon.

A plus is we got to see our Parents, Grandparents and family for all those years and our kids got to spend time with their Grandparents which is a huge benefit for sure.

A minus is we feel that we have also missed out on many things we enjoy about Florida, the water activities, ocean, weather, antiquing, nature and all the rest of the things Florida has waiting for us.

We wouldn't replace the time spent with family but we do feel we have missed out on many things we loved to do in our 20's and 30's that cannot be replaced.

Sure we got to enjoy them having taken 3-4 vacations a year in Florida and spending tons of time on business in Florida but we still missed what we enjoy most.

Hope to make up for some of that lost time real soon.

Cannot sleep at night knowing that we could possibly be in Florida within the next month or two.

Florida, here we come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida