U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:33 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,554,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
ok then, the boy who crief wolf
No, because in the boy who cried wolf, there was a wolf, but no one belived him when the time came. No one is crying wolf here and the dangers are not imagined or made up. It is just a matter of whether one chooses to respond to a worse case scenario or just wish for the best because it is the easy route. I prefer those who hope for the best but prepare for the worst. That is who I want to have my back. It may just be a difference of philosophy. Heck, they are now resorting to prayer. Maybe divine intervention caused the spill for reasons we can not know, who knows. Either way, as we watch this thing unfold it is reaching a level that is not providing us with confidence in those in charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM

3,245 posts, read 3,872,998 times
I know I know..... Propaganda. I'm going to take it at face value..... I have to.... I'm moving there and I refuse to be pessimistic and will remain positive.

Relief Well - 2 June 2010

Relief may not come soon for BP's runaway well - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/24/2042295/relief-may-not-come-soon-for-bps.html - broken link)

Its absolutely ridiculous we are having to rely on a relief well to stop this and that it takes so long to do. But I have faith it will be stopped and go according to plan. Something has to eventually go according to plan, right?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:34 PM

2,042 posts, read 3,440,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
No, because of cause and effect. By the way, Chicken little was not wrong he did get hit in the head and told everybody about it. That would be better then someone putting their head in the sand and pretending it never happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
ok then, the boy who crief wolf
Actually you're both wrong. This is most like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

The three bears (The U.S., China and Europe) went out foraging for energy. Goldilocks (BP) wandered into their home looking for oil reserviors. Some oil reservoirs were too shallow, some were too deep (like this one), and some were just right.

Unfortunately, Goldilocks found the bears hidden stash of fireworks and trashed their house. Upon returning home, the bears looked at the damage and mauled her, leaving just half her body (or stock value) intact.

The End

Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,117,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Actually you're both wrong. This is most like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

The three bears (The U.S., China and Europe) went out foraging for energy. Goldilocks (BP) wandered into their home looking for oil reserviors. Some oil reservoirs were too shallow, some were too deep (like this one), and some were just right.

Unfortunately, Goldilocks found the bears hidden stash of fireworks and trashed their house. Upon returning home, the bears looked at the damage and mauled her, leaving just half her body (or stock value) intact.

The End

Thanks for clearing that up

Old 06-25-2010, 06:44 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,117,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
No, because in the boy who cried wolf, there was a wolf, but no one belived him when the time came. No one is crying wolf here and the dangers are not imagined or made up. It is just a matter of whether one chooses to respond to a worse case scenario or just wish for the best because it is the easy route. I prefer those who hope for the best but prepare for the worst. That is who I want to have my back. It may just be a difference of philosophy. Heck, they are now resorting to prayer. Maybe divine intervention caused the spill for reasons we can not know, who knows. Either way, as we watch this thing unfold it is reaching a level that is not providing us with confidence in those in charge.
I'ts a big deal for the people in the affected area, but I don't believe the armageddon scenarios. That's just how the media sells newspapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida