Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times

Advertisements

because I can't because of work. I am stuck here. I hate this weather.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:17 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
So, instead of making a thread complaining about the weather, make a thread complaining about the complainers. GENIUS!!
Yes, I thought it was a brilliant idea also, thank you.
The thread is more about why people would stay for years where they hate the weather though.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Wow, this is a useful thread.... Applause!!! You are right Mikey. I am here because of a JOB, ONLY.... Work+money= Living in a home not in a tent. As soon as I save enough to move back to MA in September, I will, then I will complain about FL from up there just to keep some on here happy, and a reason to make up great threads such as this one.
But didn't you live in Florida, move back north and then come back to Florida?

You obviously knew the weather already.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Why would you let something like that bother you?
Well for starters I said in this thread "It just doesn't make sense to me." not that it bothers me.

If I started a thread like this every day would it not get somewhat repetitive?
From now until September there will probably be 50 new threads started complaining about the heat, this thread questions why some do not do anything about it instead of just complaining.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Let me guess, people up North still complain about the cold in winter, too?! ROFL
And this thread would apply to them also but I just put it in the Florida forum.

I lived up north, hated the cold. Guess what I did? I moved.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
because I can't because of work. I am stuck here. I hate this weather.
When did you realize you hated the weather? Did it come on suddenly?

Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Yes, I thought it was a brilliant idea also, thank you.
The thread is more about why people would stay for years where they hate the weather though.
I agree, it's brilliant. I always wonder the same thing. Especially for those people who move back and forth from Florida multiple times....

Old 05-11-2010, 07:03 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree, it's brilliant. I always wonder the same thing. Especially for those people who move back and forth from Florida multiple times....

Some people have moved in and out of Florida so much that the state has granted them a temporary license plate because they know they will be back.

After years of traveling across this country and going up and down many roads and highways, in the cold, heat, rain, etc personally there is still not one single state that offers ME and my family what Florida does.

I like the heat but Florida offers us far more then just being warm.

When we move (hopefully that will be sooner then later) if we do not like the town or area we will just move around Florida until we find the spot we will be bunking down in for a long time.

One thing for sure, we WONT be coming back north, we will be staying where it is warm and there is a beach close by. We have already missed out on many years of enjoyment that Florida has to offer.

So Mike, once we get to Florida we will be complaining about the days it rains and we cannot get outside to do the things we really love to do.

If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the way and let those of us who do in.

I get sick of the constant posting and new threads that I am so hot, I am burning up, who can stand the heat etc etc etc. Dang people, you knew it was going to be hot.

No JOB for no amount of money would EVER get me back north once I am in Florida.

I hate being cold and by gosh I am going to do something about it, we hopefully can finally get started on our new journey to FLA within the next year. At least that is our new goal. One more year and we are outta here no matter what.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:56 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Yeah well some of us did it for JOB reasons. That is all... And you KNOW that I did it for that reason. I came back last year for a job offer. I in NO WAY came here for the weather because it was cold up north... Not even close people.

It's funny how when I go to the MA forums there is no bickering and stupid crap like these threads there. You all can have this state, and the Florida argument threads on CD.

Brilliant only if you are a Florida cheerleader, birds of a feather flock together. Including us "whiners".

Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Just curious if I am the only one that notices the multitude of people that complain about the weather where they live yet don't move. It just doesn't make sense to me. I understand some people are stuck because of a job or family for a while but some seem to have lived here for ages or moved away and came back yet still complain.".
Each one of us that doesn't like the summer weather have our own reasons for still being here. Its great that you like the summer heat and your body can tolerate it. But please understand that not everyone is like you and can handle the heat and humidity.

Sometimes when people complain about the heat here its to find other people in the same boat, sort of speak. Not to be negative about the heat, its to find others that can't tolerate the heat in the summer months. Maybe those other people that couldn't tolerate the heat and humidity, have found ways to tolerate the heat/humidity, that can help me get used to the heat. Don't think so, as I am a Native Floridian that hasn't yet gotten used to the heat.

Bashing those of us that can't handle the heat, is just not right. Everyone has their tolerance to the heat or cold and that should be respected. There are people that can't handle the winters up north, should we bash those people for not liking the winters, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida