U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2010, 09:52 AM
 
10,576 posts, read 10,798,575 times
Reputation: 5221

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
It's a pretty sad fact that a hurricane, of all things, is even considered to "boost" the economy of a state. That's Floriduh for 'ya.
are you going to continue to troll the FL forums until you move back to TX? FL may have its problems, but at least we don't have a 25% unemployment rate like parts of MI (Detroit, Flint etc.), or a greece-like budget like California, which pretty much resorted to holding tax refund checks last year and issuing IOUs.

 
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Myrtle Beach
3,378 posts, read 7,869,549 times
Reputation: 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
It's a pretty sad fact that a hurricane, of all things, is even considered to "boost" the economy of a state. That's Floriduh for 'ya.
Can someone explain to me how to set people that contribute absolutely nothing to the forum on ignore?

Thanks.
 
Old 10-22-2010, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
1,881 posts, read 3,129,008 times
Reputation: 16530
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Can someone explain to me how to set people that contribute absolutely nothing to the forum on ignore?

Thanks.
Click "My Settings" in the upper left hand corner.

Under "Settings and Options", click on "edit ignore list".

Type in the member's username.
 
Old 10-22-2010, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Arctic Tundra, MA
3,633 posts, read 8,513,677 times
Reputation: 1731
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Can someone explain to me how to set people that contribute absolutely nothing to the forum on ignore?

Thanks.
It works both ways dude...
 
Old 10-22-2010, 01:23 PM
 
85 posts, read 235,187 times
Reputation: 87
Your right in only 5 short yrs FL has become a endless pit of bad news really since "04".The endless non stop oppressive heat & humidity only adds to the misery & F.P.L. (fools pillage & Loot) are thieves. One of the highest if not the highest Homeowners ins in the nation.One of the highest Ga$ price$. The highest in mortgage fraud,home of Bernie Madoff,sea lice in the spring,often times red tide in the fall.high auto ins,taxes have gone up,tax on clothes & food is higher than up north.
You are very astute with your "wait & see" approach,people are fleeing to>tenn,Tex,NC,SC ,AZ
Retirement here is no longer the land of milk & honey.If given the choice if I was retirement age Tex or Az would be far above FL,,especially South FLORIDUH.
The media does not report accurtate info FL unemployment is double digit & the jobs people do have FL wages are @ least 8 to 10 yrs behind.
Hurricanes are something to consider yes it's an island & the question is not "if" but when will a cat 4 hit???scary...Up north most places one does not have to worry about being wiped off the map & lose everything.
I grew up in the cold & lived in the cold & it doesn't bother me,currently condo is on the market & just waiting to flee my sweaty hot humid island of so called paradise>>dismissed.
People who live on a pension who have relocated here still work,,the cost of living is really not much cheaper.
 
Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 PM
 
2,490 posts, read 3,734,837 times
Reputation: 2871
Has there ever been a worse time to be in Florida?

Yes, there has been. Florida was is pretty rough shape during the Great Depression, very high unemployment rates, very little jobs, no air conditioning and the Florida Keys became practically stranded after their railroads were completely destroyed after the 1935 Labor Day Hurricane. Key West had 80% of its population living off of welfare during the 1930s.
 
Old 10-22-2010, 04:24 PM
 
Location: it depends
6,074 posts, read 5,318,383 times
Reputation: 5771
Coach, how's that "oil-drenched beaches" part of your funeral dirge working out?

We've spent a lot of marvelous time in beautiful FLA since you started this thread. Fear and ignorance unfortunately damaged a lot of hard-working small business people by reducing visitor traffic this past summer, but the sun and the sand and the water and the birds and the fish and the dolphins will inevitably bring it back. Enjoy your winter up there!
 
Old 10-22-2010, 05:25 PM
 
Location: N.H Gods Country
2,359 posts, read 4,479,007 times
Reputation: 1973
Or just pull a travel trailer down and enjoy the good months.
 
Old 10-22-2010, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Arctic Tundra, MA
3,633 posts, read 8,513,677 times
Reputation: 1731
Talk about people trolling......
 
Old 10-22-2010, 07:21 PM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,645,113 times
Reputation: 8567
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyhotviolentwestpalm View Post
Your right in only 5 short yrs FL has become a endless pit of bad news really since "04".The endless non stop oppressive heat & humidity only adds to the misery & F.P.L. (fools pillage & Loot) are thieves. One of the highest if not the highest Homeowners ins in the nation.One of the highest Ga$ price$. The highest in mortgage fraud,home of Bernie Madoff,sea lice in the spring,often times red tide in the fall.high auto ins,taxes have gone up,tax on clothes & food is higher than up north.
You are very astute with your "wait & see" approach,people are fleeing to>tenn,Tex,NC,SC ,AZ
Retirement here is no longer the land of milk & honey.If given the choice if I was retirement age Tex or Az would be far above FL,,especially South FLORIDUH.
The media does not report accurtate info FL unemployment is double digit & the jobs people do have FL wages are @ least 8 to 10 yrs behind.
Hurricanes are something to consider yes it's an island & the question is not "if" but when will a cat 4 hit???scary...Up north most places one does not have to worry about being wiped off the map & lose everything.
I grew up in the cold & lived in the cold & it doesn't bother me,currently condo is on the market & just waiting to flee my sweaty hot humid island of so called paradise>>dismissed.
People who live on a pension who have relocated here still work,,the cost of living is really not much cheaper.

It must really really suck to go through life with your point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top