Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:33 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times

Advertisements

Don't like BBQ? gasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
Sushi
? That's popular?

I've become very un-picky in my old age, so frankly nothing really comes to mind. I guess hard candy, if that's still considered really popular.

Oh wait, here's one I think: cabbage (except I do like cole slaw).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
I'm not a fan of dark meat turkey or chicken.
Are most people? I think the majority prefer white meat, no?

Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Don't like BBQ? gasp

? That's popular?

I've become very un-picky in my old age, so frankly nothing really comes to mind. I guess hard candy, if that's still considered really popular.

Oh wait, here's one I think: cabbage (except I do like cole slaw).
I think hard candy is more popular than cabbage; now cabbage flavored hard candy, yuck. lol

Old 06-22-2010, 08:54 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
I way prefer Dark Meat Chicken and Turkey, way jucier!

I can not stand Meatloaf. I can't eat it. Heck, I can't even look at it.

No joke, if I go to a Grocery Store, if I see one in the Frozen Food section I start gagging. I walked into our work cafeteria a few weeks ago, and, they had that. I hightailed it right on out of there.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,389 times
I absolutely HATE oreo's cookies - and anything with them in them...
I can't even stand the smell, the sight, the ewwness
GROSS!!! I'll eat fish over oreos and I really don't like fish at all.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
I don't like, and will not consume, anything with artificial sweetener. If I am going to have a Coke, I am going to have a real Coke, but only occasionally (although I wish they would put the sugar back in and take the HFCS out). There are people I work with that drink diet sodas all day long like water and are fat as a house. That being said, I put back anything I pick up that lists High Fructose Corn Syrup as an ingredient. I've realized lately that it really is in just about EVERYTHING, and that can't be good.

I also do not like "flavored" chips of any kind. If I want potato chips with onion dip or salsa, I am going to buy potato chips and make some onion dip or salsa, not buy "Salsa Flavored Potato Chips". Yuck.

This must be a sign of age, because when Nacho Cheese Doritos came out when I was about 14, I thought they were the greatest thing I'd ever tasted. Can't stand them now.

Last, no matter hard I try, I cannot learn to like fish. I wish I could, because it's supposed to be so good for you. You'd think I'd have a taste for seafood because I grew up in Maryland, but I just can't stomach it.k Yet, I'll eat something disgusting like Scrapple or Liver Mush (Pork bellys mixed with cornmeal and fried down here in the south), and not think a thing about it.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,716,798 times
Celery - I'll only use it as an aromatic in soups, but if I can get away without it then I'll leave it out

Lunch/deli meat - Freaks me out for some reason, though I've gotten used to eating ham when I have to.

Cold turkey - either the real meat or lunch meat, I just can't do it, it makes me gag. Hot turkey, however, is fantastic when topped with gravy, mushed carrots, and peas

Mustard and horseradish - Even if it's just in the sauce, I'll taste it and can't eat it.

Canned tunafish - Reminds me of catfood

Egg salad or coleslaw - just not my thing

Artificial sweeteners - Too sweet, and I actually think it does trigger either a migraine or some other physical reaction since I usually feel a little sick afterwards

Old 06-22-2010, 09:08 PM

947 posts, read 2,423,543 times
Goat cheese, bleu cheese (except under the right food combinations or circumstances)
Sushi, except tuna. And really, tuna is awesome all by itself, doesn't need seaweed or rice or wasabi.
Dairy Queen Blizzards- turtle sundaes rule!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Oh, and hard boiled eggs, or eggs in general. They make me gag.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Clam chowder (aka snot soup) - this is one I just do NOT get the attraction.

and ditto on ANYthing with artficial sweetener (no diet anything thanks)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink