Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times

Advertisements

I had a potato explode in the conventional oven once. I didn't think that could happen....what a surprise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 09:35 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I've never seen "special potatoes" in the store.
Are these "special" enough? Mashed Potato eggboats

http://world-of-pablo.blogspot.com/2...egg-boats.html

Last edited by Opyelie; 07-09-2010 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: insert url link

Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Oh yes, those are definitely special enough for me!!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:27 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

Senor Pablo: Mashed Potato Egg boats
I defnitely want this. Definitely. Like NOW!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
According to my now eighteen year old, back when she was two or three- you were wrong!
I could not convince the child that fries came from potatoes. She even called my Mom (everyone knows that when mom and dad are too stupid to know, Mamaw ALWAYS does. ) and in her accusatory little voice "Mamaw! Mommy sez fwench fwies come from POTATOES. They DON'T! (a little unsure here) Do they?"
At least that's not as awkward as the conversation that happens when they realize that chicken fingers come from actual chickens, like the ones they saw at the farm or the zoo.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM

50,336 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I've never seen "special potatoes" in the store. Haha! We eat potatoes almost every day though, and I buy them buy the bagful. As someone mentioned, the mother was young and probably pressed for time. I know my own adult daughter can't cook if her life depended on it, although our adult son loves to cook. We do prefer our potatoes baked in the oven as opposed to microwaving them, although in a hurry I will microwave them for a couple of minutes first just to get them started. Then i rub them with olive oil and bake them at 400 degrees. Once I did forget to prick them in the microwave, and they started making sizzling sounds in the microwave--not sure if they would have exploded or not, but I didn't take the chance and quickly pricked them. I once exploded a hot dog that way, so I never want to clean up exploded foods again.
I know, right? Neither of my DIL's know where their kitchen is, and my son's girlfriend, the same way. Even my daughter, who has 3 kids, does mostly stuff from a box. My boys do most of the cooking, too.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
At least that's not as awkward as the conversation that happens when they realize that chicken fingers come from actual chickens, like the ones they saw at the farm or the zoo.
Oh so true LOL or how fish and chicken don't HAVE fingers

Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Oh God....they bought a baked potato....they liked it....what the *&^ is the big deal?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is waht I was thniking. Much to do about nothing really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Now, just calm down. I never meant to get you all upset.

Ahahahaha. Tater wars!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,138,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

Senor Pablo: Mashed Potato Egg boats
That needs to be wrapped in crispy bacon for perfection!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I know, right? Neither of my DIL's know where their kitchen is, and my son's girlfriend, the same way. Even my daughter, who has 3 kids, does mostly stuff from a box. My boys do most of the cooking, too.
That's sad to me. I'm in my mid 20s and I've been cooking from scratch since I was 16. None of my friends know how to cook. It amazes me. My mother-in-law thinks buying a precooked chicken in the grocery store, slicing it and putting it on bread is cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink