Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 PM

314 posts, read 414,509 times

Advertisements

same here i get so bored of eating the same foods and eventually just eat eggs or a sandwich you might as well not waste anything even if you dont want to eat it your going to have too unless you want it to spoil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
When I get like this I take out the cook book and read some new recipes, and/or I will go out to lunch or dinner to taste someone else's cooking. I also keep my eye out for new items at the grocery store or buy something I like that I don't often buy.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
When I get like this I look for some kind of protein, like scrambled eggs, a hunk of cheese, a couple of slices of lunch meat, or some cottage cheese. This is better than throwing down a bunch of carbs and still being hungry.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
Make a sugar free smoothie. Drinks can help fill you up.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:52 AM

726 posts, read 1,229,381 times
First I have a large glass of cold water, then ask my body want it wants. Also, I like to keep low sodium soups on hand for when I get so busy I forget to eat. Minestonie is my fav, I top it with some Parmesan cheese and Italian herb mix after its heated to temp.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdilladoesitbetter View Post
It's a problem I always seem to be faced with nowadays. I find myself hungry as all get out, but when I look around my kitchen, I just don't have a taste for certain things.

Such as right now for instance. My stomach is roaring, but when I look around my kitchen, I have to shake my head "no" to everything. In addition, I see some things I might be willing to eat, but then I have to think to myself that I ate that very thing just a day ago.
Drink water

A good percentage of hunger is actually thirst

Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
eat something you don't like. There are two reasons to eat. 1) you are hungry, and 2) you find joy in it. If you are not finding joy in your food, simply fill the void with whatever you have.
this really does not address the underlying issue.

That kind of hunger/desire for food is a result of other things in your life. It is frequently a result of depression, anxiety, fear.....something is bothering you subconsciously. Take care of that problem and you will be less likely to have that ghost hunger............or, a quart of chocolate ice cream may work.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:58 PM

76 posts, read 274,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
When I get like this I take out the cook book and read some new recipes, and/or I will go out to lunch or dinner to taste someone else's cooking. I also keep my eye out for new items at the grocery store or buy something I like that I don't often buy.
This is close to what I try to do as well. I scan the web and cookbooks I currently have for stuff that looks interesting, but at the same time, I'm on the lookout for recipes that don't have a mile long list of random unfamiliar ingredients.

I'm also always on the lookout for new stuff at the grocery store to. It's funny to because I used to be sooooooooo cheap that I would turn up my nose at anything unfamiliar in price or appearance in the grocery store.

Variety is also a large part of the reason I shop larger stores to.There's one store near me that has good prices but next to NO variety in brands or items and it drove me nuts until I started shopping larger chains.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:23 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I learned an interesting trick over a year ago, to trick the stomach: nuts!

I carry them with me everywhere, just in case I get a little hungry. Just a few peanuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds, and it more than takes the edge off and it's full of protein.

A lot less work than even making a sandwich, and healthier.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
When I get like this I look for some kind of protein, like scrambled eggs, a hunk of cheese, a couple of slices of lunch meat, or some cottage cheese. This is better than throwing down a bunch of carbs and still being hungry.
? carbs are one of the best hunger stoppers. And too much protein is bad for you (tho you can say the same of just about anything).

Or you could just say to hell w/it and have a couple of big ol PBJs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink