U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM

11,119 posts, read 7,363,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

How do you wrap a hot dog around a slice of american cheese?
I meant wrap the cheese around the hot dog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,232 posts, read 5,744,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I meant wrap the cheese around the hot dog

Oh! I get it now! But why do you do that, instead of just top the dog, in the bun, with the cheese? .....
I love the plain ol' dog, boiled, in a bun. In fact, I will have that for my dinner tonight!
So long as everybody likes their hot dogs.....it's all so good!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:07 PM

11,119 posts, read 7,363,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Oh! I get it now! But why do you do that, instead of just top the dog, in the bun, with the cheese? .....
I love the plain ol' dog, boiled, in a bun. In fact, I will have that for my dinner tonight!
So long as everybody likes their hot dogs.....it's all so good!
well my dad and I love pigs in a blanket and my dad said let's try american cheese wrapped around the hot dog and then wrap crescent roll dough around it. It was one of his favorites.R.I.P dad

Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 PM

9,053 posts, read 10,679,684 times
Generally, I like the Chicago hot dog. However, the last few that I have had were a little light on the meat to fixins ratio.

However, I am beginning to favor the Sonoran Dog as illustrated by El Guero Canelo:

Old 05-21-2012, 08:56 PM

4,462 posts, read 3,480,558 times
Start with a good frank; like Hebrew National or Nathan's. Then add mustard, chili, onions and sliced Japapenos..oh cold beer would be nice.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 PM

14,097 posts, read 13,558,162 times
For a perfect dog, you must enjoy the taste of each ingredient by itself. For example, the sausage/wiener must have a good meaty taste and texture. Not soft a mushy like Vienna sausages. The bun must be soft, light, and airy. Once you have the right bun and sausage, the rest is according to your taste. If I'm using a big dog like Nathan's, Hebrew National, or Ball Park or a good sausage then no cheese, no mayo, and no ketchup. Just a little mustard. If I have to deal with the cheap red wieners then I want no bean chili, fresh chopped onions, cheese, and a dash of mustard on the chili. If you eat chili dogs, try adding mustard to your chili when cooking and a dash on top of the chili on the dog. Don't do poppy seed buns. They get under my bridge. Don't like kraut, pickles, nor relish either. I lay my slice of cheese on the bun with corners sticking up, then the dog, then the chili, and onions & mustard. Around here, if you want to go big you have to get a sausage poboy. It's simple, pure, and fantastic. Like the dog, the secret is the sausage and the bun.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 PM

14,097 posts, read 13,558,162 times
Hot Andouille Sausage Po-Boys | Cajun Cooking TV

This is to give your eyes a taste

Old 05-22-2012, 06:54 AM

43,689 posts, read 5,665,016 times
Hebrew National or Nathan's dogs for me topped with sauerkraut,onions and relish. Maybe that's what we will have for dinner tonight along with some baked beans.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 AM

4,017 posts, read 2,858,587 times
My late hubs was in a nursing home during an illness and a new roommate came in. The dinner that night was hot dogs and beans. The new roomie yelled, "Didn't these people ever hear of steak!?" and a voice from across the hall responded, "Yes, but we can't chew it!"

Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

4,462 posts, read 3,480,558 times
Ya know; the "bun" has to be just right. For me, warm, not steamed. Not cold either, but just the right warmth. ya...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink