U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 04:48 PM

1,496 posts, read 968,523 times

Advertisements

Lindt 90% bar is good, cheap and easily available. I like the Ritter sport marzipan bars and the Niederegger marzipan bars which are harder to find. Poor availability helps with moderation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 04:53 PM

1,496 posts, read 968,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Wilbur Buds.
I was given a bag of dark chocolate Wilbur Buds that were very good. Supposed to be the candy that inspired Hershey kisses.
Wilbur Buds are made of much higher quality chocolate than any of today's Hershey products.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:02 PM

55,710 posts, read 39,333,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Yes, Lindt is readily available, but as I said, they stopped making my favorite - the ones with the peanut butter centers. I do also enjoy their other flavors, but I miss those favorites of mine so much. If I'd only known that they were going to stop making them, I would have stocked up and frozen as many of them as I could. Another poster said that they thought the Lindt chocolate tasted waxy! Just goes to show how different people have different tastes. I've never thought of Lindt as waxy in any way, but I have had other chocolates that tasted waxy to me - can't remember which ones, though.

I've never tried the World Market chocolates, but I appreciate you mentioning them and I will definitely make a point of trying them. I love World Market!

Those coins and that whole experience sounds wonderful! Lucky you!

I don't recall ever seeing the peanut butter filled centers and I no doubt would have bought them if I had. Were they in the form of a flat bar or peanut butter filled truffles? I wonder if they were only distributed in certain areas?

Yes, give the World Market a try and let us know what you think.

One brand I no longer seem to see around that was common when I was a young boy is Van Houten. I've always been more of a dark chocolate fan than milk chocolate and IIRC they were about the highest %-age cacao you could find at the time although I don't recall any brand being marketed listing that number at the time.

Last edited by burdell; 10-23-2018 at 05:58 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 05:31 PM

9,309 posts, read 12,189,459 times
Has anyone ever tried a Wonka bar?

Old 10-23-2018, 05:45 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
961 posts, read 287,152 times
Torn between Roshen, AVK (АВК) and Russkiy Shokolad. They're all really, really good.

Bet you can guess what's in my Hallowe'en bag for this year.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:54 PM

162 posts, read 35,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
What's your favorite brand of chocolate bar? Can be milk, dark or other. What is the main taste difference between brands?

Lindt, Neuhaus or pretty much any chocolate made in Europe as they have higher standards by law on what can be called chocolate. Also like fine chocolates from chocolate producing Latin American countries like Pacari chocolates from Ecuador.

I don't care much for chocolates made in America whose qualities fall lower than Euro standards cause they add edible paraffin wax as a filler to prevent melting while using less chocolate.

I just enjoy really good chocolate.

Does Your Chocolate Contain Wax? – Guardian Liberty Voice

Old 10-23-2018, 09:02 PM

8,413 posts, read 7,734,338 times
See's or Godiva.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:23 AM

1,448 posts, read 517,196 times
I prefer dark chocolate and my favorite brands are: Endangered Species and Ocho. Endangered species is fair trade and delicious, each of their flavors features an animal and some proceeds go to protect that animal and their habitat. Peppermint crunch is a good one but only comes out around the holidays.

Ocho is similar to mounds but superior ingredients and taste. I believe also fair trade and non-gmo.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:24 AM

504 posts, read 355,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
What's your favorite brand of chocolate bar? Can be milk, dark or other. What is the main taste difference between brands?

Stam Chocolate. ( https://stamchocolate.com/ )

Full disclosure: I am related by a few degrees of separation to the family who owns this chocolate company.

They import their chocolate to US from their other family members in Holland, which has made chocolate in the Netherlands for more than 100 years. It's good stuff.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:51 AM

14,653 posts, read 11,876,644 times
Cadbury dairy milk the one and only and no one can touch it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink