Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 09:18 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,762,684 times

Advertisements

Kit Kat might be the best overall chocolate. It not only has the milk and extra goodness found in milk chocolate, but it has the cookie wafer also. More filling is always a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 11:08 PM

23,276 posts, read 23,633,734 times
Ghiradelli or See’s.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:00 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,168,491 times
A customized box of See's candy with all of my dark chocolate favorites inside.

If I can't have that I'll take the limited edition Dark Chocolate Peppermint lindt lindor truffles.

Both candies I get every year for Christmas, and it's just about that time again. 🤤

Old 10-27-2018, 01:09 AM

23,690 posts, read 9,243,947 times
reeses peanut butter cups

Old 10-27-2018, 01:55 AM

15 posts, read 13,234 times
Chocolate Bar Brands: Favorite flavor: Dark chocolate with Sea Salt and almonds
Brands: Endangered Species Chocolate, Lindt, Ghirardelli, Green & Black's.

Chocolate treats in general: Nutella, Brookeside Dark Chocolate cover Pomegranate or blueberries. Dark chocolate Raisinets!

Old 10-27-2018, 02:19 AM

26,636 posts, read 28,427,436 times
Lindt--those round truffles with the filling. I like most chocolates from Europe too.

Used to love Kit Kat bars but now they're made by Hershey and the chocolate is waxy. I don't eat them anymore, probably just as well to not get all that added sugar anyway. The Lindt truffles are my favorite treat.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:26 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times
Lindt or Ghirardelli dark chocolate. Hershey's is the worst IMO. Doesn't even taste like chocolate.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:14 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,762,684 times
Warning: this might offend some candy connoisseurs, but my least favorite things to eat in the word are the fancy traditional small chocolates with various types of filling. The only ones I can even eat are the peanut butter ones and usually they aren't that good compared to Reese's. They are all just so sweet. Sickly sweet. I think some people must not have good taste buds or something that they would need so much sugar or whatever they put in them. I usually don't like strongly flavored things in general, and that even applies to savory foods. Maybe the people who don't like milk chocolate just can't taste it very well. Sorry but that's how I feel.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:34 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,999,333 times
Great thread!

Guittard was mentioned and it is my favorite also. Not easy to find but for those who haven't tried it they may want to give it a try.

I used to love Chocolove but alas they, years ago, got rid of their gluten free marking on the wrapper so they went by the wayside. If you don't have gluten problems they are a good one to try.

Endangered Species is a good one that I can count on to be readily available and gluten free. Favorite flavor is Dark Chocolate with Lemon Poppy Seed.
Dark Chocolate with Lemon Poppy Seed – Endangered Species Chocolate

Favorite chocolate product is Enstroms Dark Chocolate Almond Toffee. Their almond toffee is certified gluten free and stamped on the package. Really delicious stuff.
https://www.enstrom.com/almond+toffe...ond+Toffee.axd

I love mint chocolate products so Pearson's Mint Patties and York Peppermint Patties are favorites also.

It is fun to think about everyone's favorite chocolate products.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:06 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,649,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't recall ever seeing the peanut butter filled centers and I no doubt would have bought them if I had. Were they in the form of a flat bar or peanut butter filled truffles? I wonder if they were only distributed in certain areas?

Yes, give the World Market a try and let us know what you think.

One brand I no longer seem to see around that was common when I was a young boy is Van Houten. I've always been more of a dark chocolate fan than milk chocolate and IIRC they were about the highest %-age cacao you could find at the time although I don't recall any brand being marketed listing that number at the time.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I went to World Market the other day with my friend. World Market had so many choices of chocolates. I asked for recommendations from a very friendly woman who worked there and I bought three of the ones she said were her favorites.

The three I bought were:

World Market Peanut Butter mild chocolate
World Market 64% cacao Black Forest Cherry Pie
World Market 54% cacao Espresso Dark Chocolate

My husband and I both tried them last evening. We both had the same opinion - they were good, but nothing to "write home about." We both thought that all of them had somewhat of a waxy quality to them. Maybe I should have tried some different ones - maybe with a higher percentage of cacoa - I don't know.

So, burdell, is there another specific one that you recommend? I love World Market, so I'd be happy to go back and try whatever else you suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink