U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 12:30 PM

4,266 posts, read 3,096,322 times

Advertisements

Green & Black's
Scharffen Berger
Toberlerone
Godiva
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 12:38 PM

55,452 posts, read 39,152,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post

I do think that Lindt discontinued that product because of the nut issue, but I'm not sure about that. This is a quote from the Lindt website FAQ section:

I just saw a Lindt bar in a store that had roasted hazelnuts. Perhaps they make a distinction between tree nuts and ground nuts? I don't know if they both contain the same allergens or not.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:40 PM

4,503 posts, read 1,132,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
What's your favorite brand of chocolate bar? Can be milk, dark or other. What is the main taste difference between brands?
Chocolate doesn't have a brand.

Chocolate just is.

Like sunshine. Like music. Like happiness.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:09 PM

2,579 posts, read 4,551,696 times
Since there's so much child slavery involved in cacao harvesting, any brand that doesn't take advantage of it.

Inside Big Chocolate's Child Labor Problem

Here's a list of ethically-sourced chocolate companies:

Ethical Chocolate Companies — Slave Free Chocolate

Old 10-28-2018, 06:37 AM

1,927 posts, read 2,492,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I just saw a Lindt bar in a store that had roasted hazelnuts. Perhaps they make a distinction between tree nuts and ground nuts? I don't know if they both contain the same allergens or not.
I don't know, either. They also have some chocolates with almonds and with pecans. I looked at their website again and could't find out anything about why they discontinued the peanut butter and the vanilla. All I do know, is that I'm really disappointed that they no longer make the peanut butter ones.

Burdell - did you see my other post about the World Market chocolates? I had no idea that they had so many choices and I guess I picked the wrong ones! Which one do you like the best? If it's one I didn't try, I'll go back and try the one you recommend.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:59 AM

10,325 posts, read 5,915,050 times
Quote:
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I went to World Market the other day with my friend. World Market had so many choices of chocolates. I asked for recommendations from a very friendly woman who worked there and I bought three of the ones she said were her favorites.

The three I bought were:

World Market Peanut Butter mild chocolate
World Market 64% cacao Black Forest Cherry Pie
World Market 54% cacao Espresso Dark Chocolate

My husband and I both tried them last evening. We both had the same opinion - they were good, but nothing to "write home about." We both thought that all of them had somewhat of a waxy quality to them. Maybe I should have tried some different ones - maybe with a higher percentage of cacoa - I don't know.

So, burdell, is there another specific one that you recommend? I love World Market, so I'd be happy to go back and try whatever else you suggest.
Darn it Vrexy but you are a bad influence !!! Iím now going to try to get to the closest World Market soon. Lucky for me (health wise) itís not in my neighborhood.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:23 AM

1,927 posts, read 2,492,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Darn it Vrexy but you are a bad influence !!! Iím now going to try to get to the closest World Market soon. Lucky for me (health wise) itís not in my neighborhood.
Well, Cat - I don't recommend the 3 World Market chocolates that I bought. Let's see which ones burdell recommends and then we can go be "bad" - lol

If you don't mind spending a bit of money, try the other brand I recommended in a previous post -

Teuscher

You can order them online and have them shipped directly to your mouth - lol But seriously, all of their chocolates are wonderful!

Old 10-28-2018, 10:29 AM

55,452 posts, read 39,152,629 times
Quote:
Burdell - did you see my other post about the World Market chocolates? I had no idea that they had so many choices and I guess I picked the wrong ones! Which one do you like the best? If it's one I didn't try, I'll go back and try the one you recommend.

I somehow missed it, just went back and read it. I have to admit I haven't been to World Market in a good bit, I used to go there mainly for their wine selection at decent prices, that kinda stopped when we got a Trader Joe's nearby. IIRC I used to enjoy their dark chocolate with chili and something with a higher cacao content than the 54% you mentioned, probably something around 80% or so. And I'll mention one of my secret pleasures, I enjoy dark chocolate peanut M & Ms with red wine.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:38 AM

12,970 posts, read 24,323,563 times
Godiva, dark

Old 10-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Status: "In the chilly hours and minutes of uncertainty..." (set 17 hours ago)

1,164 posts, read 498,728 times
Default Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

they're not in every city, and they're expensive, e.g. $3 for a truffle...
but it's a nice indulgence once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink