Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:01 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
I guess that's why they can sell them at McD's for .89cents.

No MORE....NO DEAL ANYMORE FOR THAT CRAP.

thanks for the information.
That was my exact reaction as well, and you're welcome. As soon as i found out about this I passed it on, unfortunately it sort of got hijacked by a few pretentious know it alls, but whatever.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:34 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
As long as cheeseburgers are a buck nobody gives a f^&^.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:38 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
I have a cheeseburger moment once in a great ...while...my thing is the fish sandwich...I know...don't go there and it isn't often.....

Old 10-05-2010, 03:40 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
It's a bad news if true, but then.... educated consumers would not eat at fast food places. And the others? They love to eat that stuff, they buy cheap junk Made in China, and they do not want to know better...

Old 10-05-2010, 06:14 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
^^^^ I'm educated, I love fast food places, I never buy anything from China and I do know better. ^^^^

Two Big Macs, two large fries (no salt, please) one large drink, 2 large chocolate shakes, 10 crunchy beef tacos, 5 sides of cheese and 4 sides of tomatoes, 2 Double Whoppers with cheese - heavy pickles, please, and two onion rings.
^^^^ Now THAT really makes me happy~happy~happy!!!

Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times
^^^^^ Rainroosty, you are such a rebel. I love it!!!!!

Old 10-05-2010, 07:22 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That was my exact reaction as well, and you're welcome. As soon as i found out about this I passed it on, unfortunately it sort of got hijacked by a few pretentious know it alls, but whatever.
I feel like I have to respond to that. You posted up some information (some good information) and I discussed it, this is a DISCUSSION forum. I had an opinion so that makes me a pretentious know it all?

Anyway, your post inspired me to dig a little deeper, so while travelling yesterday (long flights) I purchased and read most of a book called "In Defense of Food": In Defense of Food | Michael Pollan

Again, as I said, it SUPPORTS what you are saying, it just adds more to it.

My point (as if I should have to make it a third time) is that your info is good, but it's a symptom of a bigger problem. Not eathing $1 hamburgers is not really a solution. Learning the root of the problem, educating yourself, and then making good "wholesale" decisions is (IMO) a better approach.

I (again) applaud you for bringing the subject to our attention. I really thought that you put it up for discussion, and would be open to all opinions. I hope that I've added some value to the discussion by digging a little deeper.

Anyway, thanks for posting. It indeed had a positive effect on me, and prompted me in some way to take action, even if not the action you apparently wanted me to take.

EDIT> I gave you reps for the good info. Unfortunately I could not put a message on it (hence this message), but wanted to say thanks.

Last edited by Bmateo; 10-05-2010 at 07:31 AM..

Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 AM

509 posts, read 1,167,747 times
Looks fine to me.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
^^^^ I'm educated, I love fast food places, I never buy anything from China and I do know better. ^^^^

Two Big Macs, two large fries (no salt, please) one large drink, 2 large chocolate shakes, 10 crunchy beef tacos, 5 sides of cheese and 4 sides of tomatoes, 2 Double Whoppers with cheese - heavy pickles, please, and two onion rings.
^^^^ Now THAT really makes me happy~happy~happy!!!
In one sitting? That's a lot of food!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:15 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
I feel like I have to respond to that. You posted up some information (some good information) and I discussed it, this is a DISCUSSION forum. I had an opinion so that makes me a pretentious know it all?

Anyway, your post inspired me to dig a little deeper, so while travelling yesterday (long flights) I purchased and read most of a book called "In Defense of Food": In Defense of Food | Michael Pollan

Again, as I said, it SUPPORTS what you are saying, it just adds more to it.

My point (as if I should have to make it a third time) is that your info is good, but it's a symptom of a bigger problem. Not eathing $1 hamburgers is not really a solution. Learning the root of the problem, educating yourself, and then making good "wholesale" decisions is (IMO) a better approach.

I (again) applaud you for bringing the subject to our attention. I really thought that you put it up for discussion, and would be open to all opinions. I hope that I've added some value to the discussion by digging a little deeper.

Anyway, thanks for posting. It indeed had a positive effect on me, and prompted me in some way to take action, even if not the action you apparently wanted me to take.

EDIT> I gave you reps for the good info. Unfortunately I could not put a message on it (hence this message), but wanted to say thanks.
"Pink slime" is just one example of a new trend in the "food" industry. The correct term for this "product" is called Advanced Meat Recovery. It's used in bologna, hot dogs, beef jerky, chicken nuggets, and many other processed meats. It's a disgusting substance, and, incredibly, is considered safe. If you Google advanced meat recovery, you'll find many articles (including those from the USDA and FDA) supporting this. Doesn't change my mind at all. The less processed a food, the healthier it is.

Ironically, the day I discovered this thread, a friend forwarded a blog post about the process. Mechanically separated chicken | Snack Girl Made me shudder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink