Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:42 PM

662 posts, read 1,643,493 times

Advertisements

What would you recommend as a mixer that tastes like Red Bull but has no caffeine?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 07:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
The caffeine is probably one of the things that gives it its taste, unfortunately. I would see if Hansen's energy drink has caffeine in it, or just guarana.

EDIT: No, apparently it has as much as a 20 oz. Coke, packed into a smaller size.

I've never had one, does ginger ale have a similar taste? I believe that those derive their potential from the ginger only.

Last edited by TKramar; 10-03-2010 at 07:10 PM..

Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 PM

124 posts, read 315,114 times
There's a korean energy drink that tastes almost exactly like Red Bull. (First time I drank Red Bull, I thought of this drink) It's called Bacchus-F, and I hear also used exactly like Red Bull and mixed with vodka and such. I have no idea if it contains caffeine though.
Energy Drink Brands < list of energy drinks. I would just assume all energy drinks would have caffeine in them though. Is it the taste that you like of the Red Bull?

Old 10-04-2010, 06:59 AM

662 posts, read 1,643,493 times
Thanks TK and Cinnabele!

No, Red Bull doesn't taste like ginger ale - it tastes kind of like liquid candy, I think. Other energy drinks do have a similar flavor to RB. I haven't tried ginger ale with Jager though so that's an idea - it might produce the same end taste.

I'm specifically looking for a caffeine-free mixer with Jagermeister that tastes like a "Jagerbomb" made with Red Bull. I've had Jager mixed with other energy drinks (like Monster) - they're ok - not as good as Red Bull with Jager but I'd settle for one of them if they didn't have caffeine.

Looks like Bacchus-F does have caffeine and, it isn't carbonated - Red Bull is, which might add to that flavor.

I may be out of luck

Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRhythm View Post
Thanks TK and Cinnabele!

No, Red Bull doesn't taste like ginger ale - it tastes kind of like liquid candy, I think. Other energy drinks do have a similar flavor to RB. I haven't tried ginger ale with Jager though so that's an idea - it might produce the same end taste.

I'm specifically looking for a caffeine-free mixer with Jagermeister that tastes like a "Jagerbomb" made with Red Bull. I've had Jager mixed with other energy drinks (like Monster) - they're ok - not as good as Red Bull with Jager but I'd settle for one of them if they didn't have caffeine.

Looks like Bacchus-F does have caffeine and, it isn't carbonated - Red Bull is, which might add to that flavor.

I may be out of luck
Upon looking for energy drinks with no caffeine, I discovered one called Sea[2]O (like H2O for water?). No idea what it tastes like.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 41,301 times
Default XS Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRhythm View Post
What would you recommend as a mixer that tastes like Red Bull but has no caffeine?

Thanks in advance!
Hey MrsRhythm,
I just happened to stumble across your post and it's funny that you ask that question because I think that I may have exactly what you're looking for. I actually sell an energy drink called XS and it's made from adaptogenic herbs and vitamins. They even have a flavor that tastes exactly like Red Bull and it has 2 carbs and no sugar so it won't make you jumpy. Let me know if you would be interested and I'd be happy to work with you!

Karly

Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 39,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSBlastKarly View Post
Hey MrsRhythm,
I just happened to stumble across your post and it's funny that you ask that question because I think that I may have exactly what you're looking for. I actually sell an energy drink called XS and it's made from adaptogenic herbs and vitamins. They even have a flavor that tastes exactly like Red Bull and it has 2 carbs and no sugar so it won't make you jumpy. Let me know if you would be interested and I'd be happy to work with you!

Karly
I am very much interested in your drink, i was wondering how much it would cost

Old 04-23-2014, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 33,988 times
I think the original poster is interested in something that tastes like red bull, but won't keep you up. Jager bombs taste great and feel great, but after a can or so of red bull you feel all cracked out and paranoid. So it would be ideal to have a few jager bombs, but then switch to a red bull alternative that's caffeine free. I've tried Sprite, but it is horrible. Any other suggestions would be much welcomed.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 27,707 times
I'm a Redbull addict :-/. Was drinking 4 to 5 cans a day. My recent checkup went not so well. My blood pressure, which was so low a year ago they used to joke about me not having a heart, had gone so high that hypertension is soon to be an issue. I have two weeks to ween myself off. The headache from caffeine withdrawal is horrible, but I honestly love the taste of it. I never started drinking it for caffeine. Just grabbed a can one day n it was just delicious. Help! There has got to be something out there.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 19,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSBlastKarly View Post
Hey MrsRhythm,

Karly
I am very interested in your signature for Red Bull too... can you email me the info...tracichristinehosler@gmail.com??? Thank you!!@
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink