Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 04:56 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times

Advertisements

We just going to grill burgers and dogs and I made some macaroni salad. I am going to try this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 05:22 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
DH, our youngest daughter, and I went to the local pub for half pound burgers and beer fries. Then came home for dessert - homemade blackberry pie topped with Edy's Butterfinger ice cream.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:26 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Tacos and taquitos.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:31 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,341,664 times
barbeque chicken
cheddar/bacon burgers
hot dogs
potato salad
mac & cheese
cole slaw
chocolate chip cookies
smores
watermelon

Old 07-04-2013, 05:34 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
The traditional July 4th dessert:

We actually had a pretty lame 4th meal today, because our family is so scattered, and my husband is working out of town. So I just went over to my in-law's house and the three of us looked at family photos together, after a meal of chili dogs and chips, big glasses of iced tea, and the traditional strawberry shortcake w/blueberries (red, white and blue!) dessert. Tonight I'll sit on my front porch and watch fireworks over the lake. It's a different, solitary sort of 4th for me, but I'm OK with it - I've had many raucous 4ths, filled with lakes and cooking out and beer and watermelon and kids kids kids and fireworks and sprinklers and bathing suits and beaches and all that other fun stuff, so this year is quiet and different...

Tonight I'll watch The Patriot or something like that in the comfort of my home, with my dogs at my feet, and I'll count my blessings.

After all, the reason my kids and grandkids are so far away is because they are military families, who are protecting the rights of all Americans every day. I'm proud of each of them!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:33 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,284,305 times
Pulled Pork Bar-B-Q
Baked Beans
Corn on the Cob
Cole Slaw
Assorted Buns & Rolls
Potato Salad
Fried Okra
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Sliced Tomatoes
Stewed Cabbage
Hamburgers & Hot Dogs
Assorted Chips
Soft Drinks, Tea, Lemonade, Beer
Watermelon, Cantaloup, Honey Dew
Pound Cake and Peach Ice Cream

Everyone but hubs and I have gone to the Space Center for the nights activities. We are sitting back enjoying a pitcher of Margarita's. Oh how I love it when they all come home, but oh how I love the quiet and a clean kitchen.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 AM

109 posts, read 155,441 times
Be having grilled pork ribs for the menu. Then have a beer afterwards. Cheers America!

Old 07-05-2013, 06:53 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
I had BBQ chicken and salad-was going to add more side dishes but on the way to the store...was in a fender bender-such as life.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:01 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,341,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The traditional July 4th dessert:

We actually had a pretty lame 4th meal today, because our family is so scattered, and my husband is working out of town. So I just went over to my in-law's house and the three of us looked at family photos together, after a meal of chili dogs and chips, big glasses of iced tea, and the traditional strawberry shortcake w/blueberries (red, white and blue!) dessert. Tonight I'll sit on my front porch and watch fireworks over the lake. It's a different, solitary sort of 4th for me, but I'm OK with it - I've had many raucous 4ths, filled with lakes and cooking out and beer and watermelon and kids kids kids and fireworks and sprinklers and bathing suits and beaches and all that other fun stuff, so this year is quiet and different...

Tonight I'll watch The Patriot or something like that in the comfort of my home, with my dogs at my feet, and I'll count my blessings.

After all, the reason my kids and grandkids are so far away is because they are military families, who are protecting the rights of all Americans every day. I'm proud of each of them!

Wow that just looks sooo good!!!

And it sounds like your 4th was a peaceful holiday, which is also a good thing!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:41 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
We made:

Grilled NY steaks, chicken, and cheddarwurst
Rice pilaf
Grilled corn/boiled corn
Heirloom tomatoes with red onions drizzled with balsamic and olive oil

And for dessert:

Ree Drummond's apple dumplings with French vanilla ice cream
Fresh cantaloupe and berries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink