Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Hm, what do I make? Usually I make them go somewhere else!

I guess I'd do a huuuuge pot of jambalaya. Most ppl down here wouldn't even know what it is, let alone what it should taste like so it doesn't matter how it turns out.

But honestly, I think we'd go out somewhere. I LOVE cooking for my husband, (and he's still alive and well), but I don't have the confidence to cook for anyone else.
You could cook jamblaya or any other cajun food every day for me if ya want. Seafood gumbo sure would hit the spot right about NOW!!! Can't wait for crawfish season either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 05:59 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Lovely to see you all again, just back from three week's vacation ( New Mexico and Arizona) and jet-lag is biting quite hard !

If I have "smart" company I will usually make something like an onion tart or quiche Lorraine as a starter with a little green salad and then something like Marinated chicken with stir fried vegetables or maybe something like Monkfish or Cod with Gremolata herb crumb and rice or couscous in summer.

In winter something like Onion Soup with lots of melted Emmental or Carrot and Coriander soup and then Boeuf Bourguignon or Coq au Vin as a main course. Dessert will usually be something like ice cream with a shop bought Pear and Almond tart, something like that as I don't bake unless I can help it !!

However if I am feeling lazy and it is more casual then one of my favourite things to do is Swiss Cheese fondue or Raclette served with an assortment of charcuterie , steamed potatoes and pickles. Everybody seems to love it and it is tasty, simple and allows me to spend time with my guests too.

Cheese fondue has now even become a Christmas day tradition with us as there are only the two of us and quite frankly we can't be bothered to cook turkey and all the trimmings for the two of us.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Moose, we can't believe you were "in town" and didn't stop in! ..and what do you serve for "dumb" company? LOL

Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Moose, we can't believe you were "in town" and didn't stop in! ..and what do you serve for "dumb" company? LOL
Dumb company gets water and crusts of bread so I never have to see them again !! Not that they would get invited as I have of course exquisite taste in friends...

Where exactly are you by the way Gentlearts ?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Mooseketeer ~~

You had me at Monkfish ~~ I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink