U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 AM

68 posts, read 225,076 times

Advertisements

Thank You to all of the responces . I was discussing this with my wife , and and thought I would put it up on the forum . We both eat our salad with the main course . Love salad meals also , taco salad , chefs salad , ceaser with chicken etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 PM

3,258 posts, read 7,862,298 times
I just love salad in general. My DH hates lettuce so he'll have everything but the lettuce. I don't really care for iceberg though, unless it has a really nice blue cheese or something. Then I guess I am appreciating the blue cheese, not the lettuce.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,638,744 times
lol, there have been quite the few waitstaff that have been growled at by me , as I like my salad before the meal, and as I usually have some left, I like to then eat a bit of both the main course and the remaining salad at same time. When they come to deliver the food, if they don't ask if I'm done, and just assume that they have permission to remove the plate that is in front of me... grrrrr... Much prefer spinach over regular lettuce - healthier and better, IMHO, taste too.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,499,483 times
Try this for a nice light salad dressing: normal oil to vinegar proportions.

Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
lime juice
Kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
garlic powder

Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 AM

68 posts, read 225,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Try this for a nice light salad dressing: normal oil to vinegar proportions.

Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
lime juice
Kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
garlic powder
Have to laugh , that is almost the same we use . Instead of Balsimic , we use the oregano flavored rice vinegar . We also always eat whole wheat pita bread with the meal . It soaks up all the good dressing and gravy on the plate . Licking the plate is a Big No NO , lol .

Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 AM

1,173 posts, read 5,431,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgoner View Post
Have to laugh , that is almost the same we use . Instead of Balsimic , we use the oregano flavored rice vinegar . We also always eat whole wheat pita bread with the meal . It soaks up all the good dressing and gravy on the plate . Licking the plate is a Big No NO , lol .
That's because it's the recipe for classic vinaigrette dressing

Old 07-13-2007, 06:45 AM

14,939 posts, read 10,007,295 times
I'm like you, I like salad with my meal.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:34 PM

9,537 posts, read 19,409,941 times
I'm too lazy to make a salad so I simply throw a handful of mixed greens onto my plate along with my meal.

I've taught my grandfather to eat salad that way too. Otherwise he won't eat it. I tell him to mix a leaf or two in with every bite. (in fact that's how I make him eat his veggies in general) He seems to like the bright colors of the spring greens.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:12 PM

25,463 posts, read 11,972,888 times
DH likes his salad first. I like mine w/meal. This is at home. At any restaurant he will eat salad first and then main course. I, on the other hand, prefer to finish my salad with my meal.. Heaven help any server that attempts to remove my unfinished salad. Also, main dish salads are simply wonderful. I love 'em.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:27 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 3,616,191 times
I eat mine with my meal. A few bites of this a few bites of that. I also like fruit with my meal. Cantaloupe or something watery like that, I think it helps digestion too. It's funny when I was a kid I would eat one thing at a time, like all the meat, and then the potatoes, and then the veggie and none of it could touch or I wouldn't eat it. Glad I got over that!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or