Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:57 PM

924 posts, read 2,230,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Frozen veggies - just pop - in the bag - into the micro-wave for super healthy food.
Seems to me like fresh produce in a stirfry with light olive oil would be a healthier choice than using the microwave, since the latter produces radiation, leading to cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 06:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
LOL @ cancer veggies.

I have to figure out my plan of Thanksgiving attack today. I know what I am going to prepare today (mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, topping for the sweet potatoes to be kept separately, sausage mixture for the dressing, etc.), but I have to make sure I can get everything hot at the same time. I am making more dishes than I did last year and only have one oven, so all the hot sides have to go in once the turkey comes out. Someone on another thread suggested making dressing in the crock pot (I don't stuff the bird anyway), which I might do. I have two crock pots ... maybe the mashed white potatoes could go in there. The sweet potatoes have a crunchy topping, as do the green beans. We're also having spinach gratin (also possible for the crock) and roasted Brussels sprouts. The rolls will have to be baked today and heated up as well.

I really like your cookie idea. I plan to bake a lot this Christmas, and I am going to try it your way.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:44 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,422,257 times
Got the pumpkin and apple pies cooked and cooling. Onion dip made, now on to the sweet potatos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink