Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 540 times

Advertisements

I've seen it in Seattle, Washington, USA. It may not be traditionally British / Irish, but it fits in the Pacific NW. I do think there are better ways to prepare salmon, but I'm planning on making some. I came across this page looking for hints on how to do salmon as opposed to white fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 12:56 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,564,830 times
thats just simply WRONG !!! lol

I can't imaging it tastes too good with lots of malt vinegar either.... somethings should just be left alone IMO.

Why are people always trying to re-invent the wheel...

Salmon is best steamed or poached lightly so its still rare in the middle and keeps its moisture.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,309,774 times
Yes, using salmon in fish and chips is very common in the Pacific NW. Three choices usually .. cod, salmon and halibut, and priced pretty much in that order. Cod cheapest, salmon and halibut a couple dollars more if priced the same, sometimes salmon being a dollar cheaper.

I can vouch for salmon as great fish and chips!

Given a choice, salmon it is. Once in awhile, order halibut for the halibut kick, and while it's delicious, most often wish I'd ordered salmon instead. The way to do it is order both.

Always curious as to what kind of salmon they're using, sockeye seems to be the most prevalent, and then pink.
Used to back away upon hearing pink as the choice, and was gently chastisized and informed a couple of times, that it's pretty good and have to agree. Whether it's grilled for a burger or battered and deep-fried, haven't been disappointed. Milder in flavour, but stays nice and moist.

'course, in a perfect world, they'd all be selling spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink