U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
I sometimes will drink a glass of milk like its the 80s 50 63.29%
I only have milk in my cereal 18 22.78%
I can drink milk but I chose to avoid all dairy products 4 5.06%
I'm lactose intolerant 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:09 PM

35,804 posts, read 39,237,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I have had bad milk, and it was puss in it.
It really ruined my cornflakes.
Iím heaving just thinking about it, it really sticks to the roof of your mouth.
I'm curious, how did you know it was pus, and not, say, just curdled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 03:09 PM

15,522 posts, read 29,184,847 times
I will eat cheese, sometimes cottage cheese, occasionally ice cream but as far as milk. Never, ever, ever touch the stuff.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-01-2011, 03:11 PM

35,804 posts, read 39,237,223 times
Yep, don't eat much ice cream, either. I do eat cheese and plain yogurt, though.

I'm just not much for sweeteners in my milk. You know how most little kids like to drink the milk leftover from sweetened cereal? Not me...I thought it was gross. Of course, I also didn't prefer sweetened cereal. I was a shredded wheat, corn flakes, Chex kinda girl.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:15 PM

5,210 posts, read 8,794,306 times
I don't put any type of milk on my cereal. I eat it dry. Or I'll mix a high fiber cereal into yogurt sometimes.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:18 PM

11,076 posts, read 7,169,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm curious, how did you know it was pus, and not, say, just curdled?
I spat it out, and dug around in my cereal, only to find more of it.
It was not just curdled. It was not nice, yellow slimy stuff.
Plus I did then suffer a stomach upset.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:57 PM

571 posts, read 889,422 times
I don't drink milk. I don't care for it. I do use it in my cereal - a very small amount. And I doubt if I would drink coffee if I couldn't use milk (or better yet, half-and-half) in it.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:28 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,453,313 times
I drink milk with most meals and have done so ever since I was a child.. I used to believe everyone else did too until I heard about sodas, iced tea, fruit juice, and alcoholic beverages. Still I was never jealous of what the other kids had to drink.. I've always worshipped milk.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 PM

6,591 posts, read 19,721,850 times
i cant drink plain milk anymore at least right now...it doesnt sit well...
this could change over the next year or so...
i used to drink milk by the glass full i LOVE milk. (2%)

but i do still use milk in smoothies and protein shakes.
i also eat plenty of dairy from eggs and cheese to greek yogurt.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:16 PM

21,396 posts, read 25,996,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Can you milk horses, cats, dogs, pigs, ardvarks, whales, chickens, lions, bears, raccoons, rats, deer, elk, penguins, weasels, moles, gophers, etc.?

Horses: Horse Milk

Cats: cats milk

Dogs ()
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhjGXCk-RVU and Can you milk a dog? | ChaCha Answers

Pigs:Get this: Pig's Milk*Cheese! - Nature's Harmony Farm Blog - One of America's Most Sustainable Farms

Aardvark : The composition of milk from captive aardvark (Orycteropus afer) - White - 2005 - Zoo Biology - Wiley Online Library

Whale: How about a glass of (whale) milk — Polar Conservation Organisation (http://www.polarconservation.org/news/pco-news-articles/how-about-a-glass-of-whale-milk/ - broken link)

Chickens are not mammals, silly! You thought you would sneak one in, didn't you!

Lion: http://www.2ndchance.info/ocelotlionmilkanalysis.pdf

Bear: Bear Milk

Raccoon: Raccoon, squirrel and Cactus Mouse milk analyses: R. Jenness, R. E. Sloan;. Composition of milk of various species; Dairy Sci. Abstr. 32 (10):599-613, 1971. Sorry, cannot get a link.

Deer: Milk production and composition in captive Iberian red deer (Cervus elaphus hispanicus): effect of birth date -- Landete-Castillejos et al. 78 (11): 2771 -- Journal of Animal Science (http://jas.fass.org/cgi/content/abstract/78/11/2771 - broken link)

Elk: Moose milk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and here: BBC NEWS | Europe | Russia's elk prove tough to tame

Penguins are not mammals! You keep trying to snooker me!

Weasels: Ferretts: ScienceDirect - Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A: Physiology : Variability in milk composition of the domestic ferret (Mustela ****rius)

Mole (shrew): Shrew Talk

Gopher? How about mouse: Got mouse milk? - National Offbeat News | Examiner.com and MOUSE MILK $10,000 a quart and Mouse Milk? | UniqueDaily.com and http://jn.nutrition.org/content/85/3/305.full.pdf and ScienceDirect - Physiology & Behavior : A simple method of milk extraction in mice and DEVICE FOR MILKING MICE. [J Lab Clin Med. 1964] - PubMed result

If it's a mammal, someone has milked it (and probably sneaked a taste)!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:10 PM

2,060 posts, read 4,901,696 times
I do get the occasional craving for a good cold glass of milk. We do drink skim here but I buy it from a local dairy place so it still has a taste.

But I hate milk in my cereal. Absolutely can't stand it. Never have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or