Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:53 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,331,285 times

Advertisements

Wow.

I have made yogurt for years and it never occurred to me to use the crock pot!

I usually put it into a very slightly pre-heated oven and leave it there.

But, that can be rather inconvenient if you suddenly decide you want to bake something.

Thanks for the idea.

Oh, my. I just actually read the recipe. I think I would skip the first half, and heat the milk up on the stove like usual, transfer to the crock pot bowl for the cool down and adding of starter, then do some sort of preheating of the crock pot like I do the oven for the time it has to sit. Heating the milk in the crockpot for 2 1/2 hours and letting it sit for 3 hours is adding hours to the process unnecessarily. But I still love the crock pot idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 03:16 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,746,854 times
I've tried different brands of Greek yogurt and the only one that I really like is the plain "Fage" brand. It is delicious with some real maple syrup stirred into it! I give my little dog a spoonful of plain yogurt every morning. It's good for him and he loves it!

It is an excellent substitute for sour cream. I make alot of salads in the summer time; it's excellent mixed into potato or chicken salad: one part mayo to one part Greek yogurt.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM

4,342 posts, read 5,771,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
I've tried different brands of Greek yogurt and the only one that I really like is the plain "Fage" brand. It is delicious with some real maple syrup stirred into it! I give my little dog a spoonful of plain yogurt every morning. It's good for him and he loves it!

It is an excellent substitute for sour cream. I make alot of salads in the summer time; it's excellent mixed into potato or chicken salad: one part mayo to one part Greek yogurt.
We're going over to a friends for a cookout and I was just contemplating doing this. It will be the Okios Greek with Olive Oil Mayo.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
We're going over to a friends for a cookout and I was just contemplating doing this. It will be the Okios Greek with Olive Oil Mayo.
How did you like the yogurt w/ the mayo in your salad, Ladybug?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:03 PM

4,342 posts, read 5,771,385 times
I ended up having to make it with all olive oil mayo. The kids and husband ate it all. haha

Old 07-16-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I ended up having to make it with all olive oil mayo. The kids and husband ate it all. haha
Must have been good! You can always try a little yogurt in the mix sometime and see if you like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink