U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: ....
Yes 95 91.35%
Depends on what he or she is getting 3 2.88%
No 6 5.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 01:33 PM

22,188 posts, read 13,002,469 times

Advertisements

Not only do we go into each other's fridges... We feel free to go into each other's garage and get the really good stuff that's hidden in back of the "garage fridge".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 01:42 PM

11,294 posts, read 17,099,245 times
I tried to put my best friend for life in the fridge, but he wouldn't fit. So - no, unfortunately he can't go in there. Not unless I cut him into smaller pieces first.

Oh wait - this was serious thread?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:57 AM

34,231 posts, read 6,896,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
if they aren't family i would like for them to ask first. i could never go into somebody's fridge without asking. i'd do it at my mom and dad's house though.
This ^ is pretty much how I feel.

Specific to the OP, if my BEST FRIEND was visiting, I would have no problem with her helping herself to my fridge, because she is like family to me.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 AM

3,187 posts, read 2,782,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not only do we go into each other's fridges... We feel free to go into each other's garage and get the really good stuff that's hidden in back of the "garage fridge".
My garage fridge is free of mouldy food and anyone can go into it. It contains beer, wine, soft drinks, coolers, ice cream and freezies so that no kiddie or adult using the pool in the summer has to come into the house for a snack. This is less about anyone potentially going into the kitchen fridge than it is about keeping kids with dripping swim suits from running back and forth as they get their treats.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Status: "I'll be with you forever, my dear little Kiwi." (set 7 days ago)

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,572 posts, read 6,431,238 times
I'm working on a project right now. It's a mat for in front of my refrigerator, only, when you open the refrigerator door, it triggers the switch to turn on the electrical current to the mat. I can switch it on or off at the wall switch on the wall in the living room, right next to the kitchen entryway.
Part of my problem I'm having with it is that I want it to run on 240 volts instead of 120.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 PM

12,480 posts, read 12,703,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I'm working on a project right now. It's a mat for in front of my refrigerator, only, when you open the refrigerator door, it triggers the switch to turn on the electrical current to the mat. I can switch it on or off at the wall switch on the wall in the living room, right next to the kitchen entryway.
Part of my problem I'm having with it is that I want it to run on 240 volts instead of 120.
I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't let me or Nan open your fridge and grab an apple without asking.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't let me or Nan open your fridge and grab an apple without asking.
Funny that you should say that, DandJ....truthfully, I was just outside taking a little break and thinking about my project and then I realized, "Hey - I wouldn't do that to any of my lady friends".....and I thought I should edit that into my post.
Now here I am and you wrote what you did....
You're absolutely right, you and them would be more than welcome.
Just not some of the guys I know. They would wipe me out. ........ZAP!!! "AGGGGHHHHHH!.....

Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 PM

12,480 posts, read 12,703,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Funny that you should say that, DandJ....truthfully, I was just outside taking a little break and thinking about my project and then I realized, "Hey - I wouldn't do that to any of my lady friends".....and I thought I should edit that into my post.
Now here I am and you wrote what you did....
You're absolutely right, you and them would be more than welcome.
Just not some of the guys I know. They would wipe me out. ........ZAP!!! "AGGGGHHHHHH!.....
HAHAHAHA!!! I'll warn "J" that only the "D" part of the team is allowed.

(Hear that, Nan? You're allowed in his fridge!)

Old 03-10-2011, 12:49 PM

4,161 posts, read 3,091,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
HAHAHAHA!!! I'll warn "J" that only the "D" part of the team is allowed.

(Hear that, Nan? You're allowed in his fridge!)
What about me RR?

Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
What about me RR?
ROFLMAO! Yesss, Jessie, you too! I better get to the food store quick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink