U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:45 PM

8,620 posts, read 12,260,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i saw this yesterday in the circular of a local supermarket. i may need to give it a shot, gotta figure out how to cook it first. not sure how much weight the bone works out to. i like that my boneless skinless chickens is pure meat (and i know how to grill them already).
That bone in turkey breast is a winner. It always tastes better when its roasted with the bone in. And $.99/lb. Cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 04:55 PM

10,010 posts, read 11,239,195 times
Not a big fan of cold cuts. DH gets bologna and ham for him and Darcy. I will eat Italian roast beef on one or two sandwiches, but that's it. Our local farmer's market has a great turkey breast that tastes just like Thanksgiving turkey so I will eat that. I do like sliced cheeses, but I lose interest within one or two sandwiches. However, Costco is now selling packaged Havarti that is already sliced (and has paper between the slices) and it is really good.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,673,010 times
I like to get lebanon bologna, salamis, and various tasty Italian meats from the deli. It just depends on what I'm craving that week.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 7,657,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
Debsi... I totally agree with you.

Even as a kid I didn't like bologna or any cold cuts.
I always ate peanut butter.
I can't even eat a sub sandwich... I still don't like them even as an adult.
Same here, with some very limited exceptions. I like to make melts with buffalo chicken breast and provolone, and am ok with Trader Joe's rosemary ham. If I have to I can usually stand ham, but find it nearly impossible to choke down cold turkey. Forget bologna.

I'm not sure why I dislike it so much, it definitely made things more difficult as a kid. I ate PB&J all throughout grade school.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 PM

17,629 posts, read 14,256,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
That bone in turkey breast is a winner. It always tastes better when its roasted with the bone in. And $.99/lb. Cool!
ill pick one up and give it a shot. probably wont do anything to worry about taste. taste isnt important to me (i can always dip it in lemon juice or yoshida sauce). my biggest concern would be overcooking it.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:00 PM

25,404 posts, read 31,843,072 times
We usually buy turkey and ham, sometimes roast beef.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 PM

17,056 posts, read 12,258,170 times
I will typically purchase turkey and ham at the deli counter.

Although...I will admit to the occasional bologna and cheese sandwich. Bologna, American cheese (NOT individually wrapped "singles") with a bit of mayo on white bread.

I'm sure there's something healthy there......somewhere.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:57 AM

17,794 posts, read 15,225,204 times
Not a big fan of it, even the "good" deli stuff v. prepackaged/loaded with preservatives and salt. If I'm going to eat my meat cold, I'd prefer it just be leftovers of something I made....sandwiches made of Thanksgiving roast turkey leftovers, pulled off the bone...same for roast chicken...leftover pot roast chunks can be cut up and used to make a great sandwich, esp. if run through a toaster oven with a slice of provolone on top. Cold cuts just always have a weird consistency, to me. About as close as I'll come is, once in a while, pick up some good dry-cured Italian sausage for a nice antipasto.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:01 AM

1,946 posts, read 3,802,288 times
I buy american cheese from the deli regularly. Land O Lakes is preferred here and I rarely will buy something different. Once in a while I will buy turkey breast, ham, provolone, or salami. That would be more in the summer time.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,012,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. And my baloney has a first name it's O-S-C-A-R.
Does your bologna have a second name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink