Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Mexican food?
Enchilada 35 28.93%
Burrito 24 19.83%
Taco 18 14.88%
Empenada 0 0%
Fajita 26 21.49%
Taquito 2 1.65%
Chalupa 1 0.83%
Chimichanga 15 12.40%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:23 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times

Advertisements

I am white, very white with red hair and freckles, but I was fortunate to grow up as the only white child in a Mexican Indian family with 6 kids. My brothers and sister avoided the kithchen where as I was drawn to it. I learned to make flour tortillas, enchiladas, chili, chili rellenos, spanish/mexican rice, and salsa. I love mexican food and can tolerate some very hot salsa's, my sisters mother in law made an extremely hot salsa made only with hot red peppers. Chili rellenos are made with sweet peppers not hot peppers, it is my favorite. I have canned up 45 jars of homemade salsa this summer so far and hope to can up another 20 or 30. I made home made chili today and fried then baked corn chips, my mom would have been proud of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 06:31 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
Dragonslayer,

Some chili rellenos in Mexico are very hot, but that is what makes them good.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:46 PM

537 posts, read 441,378 times
It all depends on what pepper or chile that one uses for the rellenos. I have had them mild all the way to hot.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Actually don't know what a chimichanga or empenada is. i don't live in Texas or around the Southwest.

Love burritos though, along with enchiladas and chalupas. Chipotle's burritos are among the best ever....once you've had one, most other places' cannot compare. I have been to other chains as well as locally-owned Mexican restaurants but have never ever had a better burrito than at Chipotle's.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:21 AM

106 posts, read 316,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Actually don't know what a chimichanga or empenada is. i don't live in Texas or around the Southwest.

Love burritos though, along with enchiladas and chalupas. Chipotle's burritos are among the best ever....once you've had one, most other places' cannot compare. I have been to other chains as well as locally-owned Mexican restaurants but have never ever had a better burrito than at Chipotle's.
I know you're in CP, Maryland but if you ever get the chance....meet a REAL Mexican family one day and perhaps you'll get treated to a REAL Mexican meal...not these sanitized Mex-American chain restaurants. Although some are adequate, most are uncomparable to the real deal

Old 09-12-2007, 06:24 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post

chimichanga is deep fried burrito. empenada is like a thicker version of a deep fried crepe with meat inside.

do you have "El Tarasco" in Maryland. they make the best Mexican food. its made by real mexicans here in LA. best enchiladas every. burritos are also fantastic. chipotle is good, but not comparable to anything out here.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM

187 posts, read 614,007 times
Im sorry Terripin, I love mexican food and you are missing out! I love chimi's, chalupas, And good green chili, I make my own, nice and hot! I live in Colorado though so everyone tells me its not real mexican food. But i like it anyway.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:44 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,183 times
Taco Bell Rules!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:56 PM

144 posts, read 735,982 times
Oh man, you left out mariscos! My current fave is an Ocho Mares seafood cocktail. Crab, shrimp, abalone, octopus in a refreshing sauce, served cold. Add a little bit of ketchup, some hot sauce and some lime juice and it's good to go. To top it all off, two raw oysters on the side. Ohh....mmmmmm!

Old 03-08-2008, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 19,755 times
Default Senor Max's

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I've never had rellenos but have always wanted to try them. I love jalapeno poppers though, any similarity?

I used to get these seafood enchiladas at a place called Senor Max's in So Dakota and it had this newburg sauce. Yuuuummmm!!
I am from South Dakota and Senor Max's is my FAVORITE place!! I always, always get the seafood enchiladas!! I've tried to recreate them at home, but they are never the same. Yummmmmmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink