Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,194 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite cuisine? Why? What is your favorite food in that cuisine?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
What is your favorite cuisine? Why? What is your favorite food in that cuisine?
wow, I am a real foodie and can eat and enjoy almost anything, but I guess my very favorite would be Asain followed by French. Of course if you consider seafood a cuisine that would be the very top of the list:

Favorite Asian, lettuce wraps and almost anything with snow peas or really good fried rice: French: all of is: seafood: top of the line Crab (not always Alaskan, I actually like the smaller crabs better) good trout, and orange roughy.

Nita

Old 06-08-2011, 08:08 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,649,850 times
I'd have to say Indian food. I love curries. I love the aroma of the spices when you bloom them. I love the different breads (naan, roti, chapati, etc.). I've gotten quite good at making them AND other breads since I started with Indian breads. I learned how to make my own ghee and love using it. I love that you can incorporate just a single, Indian element into another cuisine and it makes your dinner guests swoon and try to figure out what you did. I love that Indian food incorporates healthy legumes and grains into so many dishes (like lentils and chickpeas). I love that you can leave out the meat in many of the dishes and not even miss it. It's just so versatile and flavorful.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,194 times
Good answers so far. I love asian lettuce wraps and Indian curries!

For me one of my favorite current cuisines is New American. I like it because there are very few boundaries as to what you can't do. I can't really say what my favorite food is because it isn't generally traditional food but my favorite restaurant is Blackbird in Chicago.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
Too hard to narrow down...easier to ask what cuisine I DON'T enjoy, probably (and that would be heavily seafood-y cuisines, excepting sushi...go figure. Don't love most cooked seafood, but don't mind sashimi).

My favorite ethnic cuisines are probably Greek/Mediterranean, Indian, and Mexican...love stuff that's fragrantly and distinctly spiced. Thai would be up there, too, except that I have to be more careful than I do with the above to avoid a seafood influence. Of these cuisines, I really love gyros on fresh pita with cold tzatziki, fresh tomato, and tangy onions...spicy lentil soup...samosas...spicy chicken korma...pork tamales...and soft corn tortilla street tacos filled with broiled skirt steak, onion, and cilantro. I like Italian a great deal too, but lean more toward northern Italian, with polenta and risotto and the like than pasta/red sauce.

My favorite regional cuisines here in the U.S. are the Germanic dishes of the Pennsylvania Dutch/Amish parts of the Midwest...rich noodle dishes, buttery-crusted pies, sauerbraten, schnitzel, etc., and soul food...greens, grits, cornbread, ham and white beans, and the like.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 PM

61,665 posts, read 87,041,175 times
This is not a simple question. I enjoy food and eat pretty much everything that is considered a human food. I would say that with food is like with music - a mood thing: one day I like Greek food, another sushi, then I have craving for Russian, or Mediterranean, or Indian...
In short, if pressed to answer, I'd say, that I really favor Mediterranean/North African food, then Russian, and Asian. I appreciate game and lamb meat, and tasty fish. I do not care for chicken or turkey.
I like potatoes or grains ( like couscous, buckwheat, millet, or barley ) then wild rice or noodle.
I am a big fan of wild mushrooms like King Bolete, Golden Chanterelle, Portobello, ( there are more different kinds of it in Europe ), and French cheese.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 PM

512 posts, read 947,734 times
What ever is on my plate at the moment!! lol

Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,238 times
French is my mainstay cuisine.

I branch out to whatever I feel like experimenting at that moment when I get the fever.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:41 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,266,159 times
I like Chinese food because of the variety of meats and seafoods in them and when I get too old to cook I'm going to order it every day starting with the #1 item and going down the list till I start all over again.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:16 AM

38,874 posts, read 22,857,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palenaka View Post
What ever is on my plate at the moment!! lol
That's my answer, too! Although I do like Asian and Italian food the most. I just like the various textures and flavors of both types of cuisine; it's hard to really pinpoint any one reason or set of reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink