Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:36 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,291,087 times

Advertisements

I haven't tried them yet either. I could probably duplicate or make something better myself. But I have been curious. But I won't pay full price on 1st time trial, and haven't seen good prices or coupons. So I'll wait (unless you want to send me some CNJ. teehee)

I thought of using it with some white wine redux over a baked fish, or with sun-dried tomato, procuitto, etc. penne dish, mixed in with a rice & adds dish. I didn't think so much with chicken or other meats though, because I can't imagine how sweet it might be.

Let us know, CNJ, what you decide.

Last edited by B4U; 09-23-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 12:48 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
whatever i do, im sure it wouldnt be very interesting. neither me or my wife take much time to cook, so everything is pretty simple. im thinking maybe i can mix one up with pasta and some frozen shrimps i have.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:53 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,291,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
whatever i do, im sure it wouldnt be very interesting. neither me or my wife take much time to cook, so everything is pretty simple. im thinking maybe i can mix one up with pasta and some frozen shrimps i have.

Sorry. I called you BDD. I fixed it.
Your idea sounds ok for 1st try. Shrimp with sauce is a good thing.
Are you doing the italian herb, or which one?

Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Sorry. I called you BDD. I fixed it.
Your idea sounds ok for 1st try. Shrimp with sauce is a good thing.
Are you doing the italian herb, or which one?
haha i thought it was some weird smiley face thing you were doing. im not up to date on those things so i can easily be fooled.

i have 3 flavors: italian herb, santa fe and savory garlic. no decision has been made on which to use.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:26 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Sounds sort of rich and fattening. I don't need another way to add more calories to food. I will stick with my usual butter, garlic, lemon, and pepper. I might be boring and predictable, but I really don't like a bunch of wierd creamy stuff on food.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Anyone tried these yet? I picked up the Santa Fe Blend yesterday. Planning on trying it tonight.
i had a sample at Wal Mart a few months ago: it was good, but think you can make it for a lot less. Of course it is nice to have things like that available.

Nita

Old 09-24-2011, 10:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You can replicate it without the fat and sodium if you buy low-fat or fat-free cream cheese or even low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt (or a combo of the two) and mix in your own herbs and/or spices.

The "cooking creme" itself is little more than a high-sodium calorie bomb and a ripoff to boot. That's just my opinion though! I realize people with more hectic schedules than mine may appreciate the convenience.
low fat maybe: fat free cream cheese is the worst stuff in the world and doesn't do well when cooked. There are some things that are not meant to be fat free!!!

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink