U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 PM

15,148 posts, read 15,210,720 times

Advertisements

I like the Indian Buffets, but most of them seem to have cut out all of the meat (beef, lamb) except for Chicken....seems like kind of a ripoff. I guess the cost of meat is just too much now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 08:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,911 times
I do if they are good Chinese ones or various ones (like Golden Corral).

My partner does not and it is very frustrating. I would like someone who likes a good buffet as a dining companion. I like someone who paces himself or herself and then enjoys the variety.

Too many people see it as gluttonous to go to buffets and all you can eat but I just like the idea of sampling stuff, a little here and a little there. It's my ideal way to eat.

Unfortunately we rarely go to buffets.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,337,485 times
I like going to buffets with my kids because I know they are bound to have things everyone will like. I like having lots of choices.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM

4,102 posts, read 4,995,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
I love Breakfast Buffets, I can eat about half my weight in Bacon alone, it's like a drug.
My second choice would be a chinese buffet, I can try things I wouldnt normally order for takeout.
Problem is.. i'm a spoiled rotton New Yorker and it's very hard to come by good chinese where I live now..
When a Navtive floridian says XXX has good chinese, chances are it sucks.. It's tough just finding a good egg roll here..
That was last year..

I will still take a good breakfast buffet any day... It's not the norm, different.

The other's Blahhh.. I'm not even sure I like eating out anymore.
Seems I can make anything my fussy family member will eat..MUCH better at home.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 PM

12,971 posts, read 22,625,162 times
Ahhhhh, buffets, where the food isn't really very good, but YOU GET A LOT OF IT!!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 PM

15,148 posts, read 15,210,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamesandGrapes View Post
I do if they are good Chinese ones or various ones (like Golden Corral).

My partner does not and it is very frustrating. I would like someone who likes a good buffet as a dining companion. I like someone who paces himself or herself and then enjoys the variety.

Too many people see it as gluttonous to go to buffets and all you can eat but I just like the idea of sampling stuff, a little here and a little there. It's my ideal way to eat.

Unfortunately we rarely go to buffets.

Yup, I usually limit myself to 2 moderate sized plates........so I do not leave feeling stuffed.........I HATE feeling stuffed.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:50 AM

34,560 posts, read 42,724,437 times
No way. Unless I am trying to feed a bunch of children, like a baseball team on a trip, for example. The only one I enjoy is the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday.
To me, a buffet is the worst representation of a restaurant's food. Like, would you prefer to go to a wedding reception with a buffet line (picture canned green beans swimming in water), or a sit down dinner?
Then there's usually the distasteful diner who hogs all the crab legs, or shrimp, or you name it. Gross gluttony is not something I want to see.
DH and I call buffets, eating at the trough.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 AM

6,621 posts, read 11,176,351 times
Phillip's Seafood Buffet FTW!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:40 AM

69,289 posts, read 79,469,982 times
I can think of a handful of buffets that were really worth returning to from time to time, but they are few. I have never eaten at a chinese or Mexican buffet that was better than mildly fair. This goes for ones like the HomeTown buffet and Golden Corall. I do like GCs chicken...it is the overcooked rest of it that is awful....

When I think of good ones, I think of the Barzilian steak houses with the wonderful salad bars or some of the Vegas buffets that are usually Sunday brunches and cost $40 to $80.00. The best thing about a buffet is, when dining with young children, you can get food that is slightly healthier than going to a fast food restaurant and yet the kids can find something they like.

We have a Sunday brunch buffet here in NWA that is great once in awhile. They have the most unusual salads I have ever eaten and they are delicious.

Nita

Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 PM

34,560 posts, read 42,724,437 times
I had a fabulous brunch buffet at the Contemporary Resort at Disney World many years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink