Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 08:51 PM

34,914 posts, read 31,045,458 times

Advertisements

On paper, I guess they can be OK.

I grew up at Ryan's, Prime Sirloin, and similar steakhouse/buffet combos. Steaks were almost never offered on the buffet (except for Friday/Saturday nights, maybe Sunday lunch post church) and their steaks were a cut below what you'd find at Texas Roadhouse, Outback, or Logan's. IIRC, the buffet was better than a Golden Corral.

The only buffets I go to now are Indian lunch buffets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 03:42 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,079,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
A friend of mine will get plates and plates of food for her kids to try and mostly all of it goes to waste. Just do not understand. This is why the prices go up.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:19 PM

19,249 posts, read 15,135,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well for those who are so worried about picking up germs think about even regular restaurants. We don't have any idea what or who has touched what. I am just not going to let this bother me. I am old and can't remember the last time I took an antibiotic except when I had knee replacement as it is required. I am careful about washing my hands, and yes, sometimes use a clean ex when opening the door in the restroom, but think of all the years we didn't do any of this. Maybe some are too concerned with germs. Just my thought. I do think there are probably more germs at a buffet restaurant. That I will say.
Yeah, but how do they feel about it?

I'm not really into buffets, but there's this Mongolian place where you pick which meat, veg and sauce you like, and then they flash cook it right in front of you on this circular cooking surface, like cooking with a really hot wok. It's done in a minute or two, and it's so good and fresh. You just pay a set price and you can keep going back for as much as you want.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:43 PM

29,466 posts, read 22,457,821 times
I used to enjoy going to Las Vegas because of the amazing buffets.

But that was many years ago when I was younger.

I just cannot eat that much anymore and it would be a waste to pay 40 plus dollars just for dinner when at most I can do only two plates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Aax2xh09Q

Old 03-21-2019, 04:59 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,137,821 times
I love eating at buffets. Just love them. I'm pretty thin so I can afford to eat at them when I do. I don't play around either. I eat. I burn calories fast, so I can eat well. But this particular guy has no issues with eating at buffets. I have some big friends that I can bring to terrorize them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink