Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:32 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,383 times

Advertisements

I am interested as well. We considered it around Christmas time but the reviews I read were not that great. I was also leery of the pitch - buy one get one free. I might have risked it if it was one item around $50 but to lose $99 seemed to much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 04:25 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Junk!!
darn it, now, I've seen all these bad reviews and I just got one about 4 months ago and love it....period...cooks the meat very nicely, and it comes out moist, chicken, chicken breasts, pork chops, saug., roasts...

I enjoy mine a great deal because it is fast, comes with a chart, and everything comes out very moist, and it is so easy to clean....if you use aluminum foil on the rack, and bottom, the clean up is a snap....I also spray my rack with Pam before I start, along with the bottom if I'm not going to use the foil.

actually have pork chops marrinaiding now, and make them when I come home from work....they are delicious!

I have not yet found anything bad about mine.

Great value for me.

If anyone has any good recipes they use, let me know or please share them......when I make the pork chops, I go out and bring home pork fried rice, and make a hearty veggie, like broc.., asparagras, or something like that.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:28 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
I recently saw a commercial for the NuWave and have been considering it. I'm hesitant because it seems like I have a garage full of small appliances I used a few times and then nothing. It sounds like posters in this thread like it though. Is it something you use regularly or just for special recipes? I saw the commercial with the "free" second one. I think I'd rather have the cookware special though.

What do you like about your NuWave? Any cons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I am interested as well. We considered it around Christmas time but the reviews I read were not that great. I was also leery of the pitch - buy one get one free. I might have risked it if it was one item around $50 but to lose $99 seemed to much.
Just remember the old saying. Nothing in life is free. I've heard the shipping and handling on the "free" NuWave items are very expensive. I got my NuWave at Kohl's and love it. I didn't get any "free" items with it, but after taxes I paid about $90 for the black NuWave Pro. [It was on sale plus I had a 30% off coupon.]

It's big, it's bulky, but it's wonderful. And I don't even use it to it's fullest potential. I love the fact when it's 99^ outside and I want some cookies, or a cake, or rolls or biscuits, I can make them and NOT heat up my kitchen.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:54 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,583 times
If you are on Facebook check this out. Tons of recipes and helpful hints. And answers to your questions.

https://www.facebook.com/NuWaveNow?fref=ts

Old 04-06-2014, 01:58 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Sounds like it would be a good thing for a camp house or getaway cabin....wouldn't have to install a stove, just use a couple of those electric burners (can't think of the name of them....they're induction)) and a NuWave.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:55 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,864,172 times
Thank you everyone for your comments on your NuWave oven. It sounds so intriguing. Of course, I didn't really think the additional items were "free" but every ad I've seen has some kind of "promo" with it. I'll probably have to order mine online since I have some mobility issues and getting to a B&M store is tough right now.

Thanks again!

Old 04-07-2014, 04:50 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Thank you everyone for your comments on your NuWave oven. It sounds so intriguing. Of course, I didn't really think the additional items were "free" but every ad I've seen has some kind of "promo" with it. I'll probably have to order mine online since I have some mobility issues and getting to a B&M store is tough right now.

Thanks again!
I bought mine with the two for one sale, and gave one to my son and DIL...

I want to get the ring so I can make a turkey in it, whole chickens get really good and moist.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 885 times
Hello, I would like to know exactly how to cook a frozen chicken pot pie in a Nuwave pro plus oven? Please reply...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink