Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM

6,023 posts, read 13,999,223 times

Advertisements

SKIPPERS ! The best fish n chips and great fried shrimp and clams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 11:57 PM

72,325 posts, read 18,154,311 times
It used to be that Fish n Chips were good. I don't think so anymore.Yuk!

Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,561,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
PS: anyone from California remember Munch Box or Danny's Dogs?
McGowdog, you are from "The Valley," aren't you? I am, too.
I remember both of them. Do I win a prize?

Actually, the Munch Box is still there on Devonshire, or at least it was about a year ago. Were there any others? I used to live about three blocks from the Danny's Dogs in Sun Valley, but also remember the one in San Fernando. I don't know how many there were, but both of those have been gone for many years. I drive by both of these locations regularly.

How about Pup'n'Taco? Remember those?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:17 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,561,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
I don't know what happened, but it seems the only place to find Pepsi in a soda fountain anymore is at the Pepsi owned/affiliated establishments: KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, A&W, and Long John Silvers. I usually just drink Sprite, Iced Tea, Root Beer, or some other alternative, though, since I'm not a huge cola fan.
I went to Popeye's yesterday and noticed that they also have Pepsi products in their soda fountain. Besides that, I really like their spicy chicken and some of their other offerings. Also, unlike that other popular fried chicken place that usually comes to mind, they have real honey for their biscuits, not "honey sauce."

Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 PM

38,642 posts, read 22,637,894 times
Thumbs up In-N-Out Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
In-N-Out is a classic hamburger place. They basically just serve burgers, fries, shakes, and soda. They only have locations in California, Arizona, and Nevada. The menu is very simple, with a few unpublished variations, that works very well. By keeping the menu simple, they stick to the things they do well. All of their products are fresh, not frozen, and in my opinion are the best tasting of all the fast food burger places. They only list three burgers on their menu: the classic "hamburger," the "cheeseburger," and the "Double-Double" (my favorite) which is a cheeseburger with double meat and double cheese. They will make larger sandwiches, like a 3x3 (triple meat/triple cheese) or 4x4 (quadruple meat/quadruple cheese), or even bigger. When I travel out of the area, In-N-Out is one of the first places I visit upon my return.

<snipped>
Yes, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly that In-N-Out has to be one of the best--if not THE best--hamburger restaurant on the West Coast, for all the reasons you cited above.

Has anyone ever tried Fatburger? There was one near my last job and I would go meet a friend there for dinner occasionally. The hamburgers weren't bad, but their milkshakes were to die for!

Old 07-15-2007, 12:58 PM

18,075 posts, read 11,696,778 times
I love White castle hamburgers!

Old 07-15-2007, 02:58 PM

238 posts, read 552,910 times
I don't like KFC and Burger King but i love Piiza Hut and McDonalds

Old 07-15-2007, 07:32 PM

5 posts, read 17,098 times
Default El Pollo Loco Coming to Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
It did not occur to me, because they don't have them here in NY. They're in So Cal.

El Pollo Loco. It's roasted chicken. Real food, not fried crap. Actually good for you.
Just thought I'd let anyone who lives near Atlanta know that El Pollo Loco will open it's 1st restaurant (of 50 in GA) around Aug/Sept 2007...

I'm a California transplant so this is verrrry exciting...chicken that isn't fried! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Go to golocoatlanta dot com for a list of locations

Old 07-15-2007, 10:12 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,437,137 times
Chick-fil-a, Wendy's, and In-n-Out are my favorites, although I rarely eat fast food for health reasons. The worst are Burger King, Jack In the Box, and Taco Bell. Grease pits. Yuck.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:17 PM

77 posts, read 272,604 times
Taco Bell, Carl's Jr and McDonald's are favorites, Burger King and Arby's second choices. Not so great - Wendy's, really don't care for the square burgers for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink