Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 11:42 AM

617 posts, read 2,822,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Cases like the story I told are rare. It was never stated that Taco Bell was the only place one could get the Baja Blast from. And this was only one Taco Bell location.... 13 years ago. I can't bring myself to eat there to this day, just because my Taco Bell experience, was pretty traumatic for me, but it doesn't keep me from eating fast food once in a great while from other restaurants.
By the way.... in this post, I took the the "Baja Blast" to be a creative name that Elfyum thought up, for the parasite some of us had been discussing in the previous posts. I actually have been in England too long, as it was pointed out to me that the Baja Blast is actually a burrito at Taco Bell. I am blonde... I totally had a blonde moment.Just disregard my previous post.

Last edited by Calibelle; 09-02-2006 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 AM

421 posts, read 469,146 times
Default fast foods

I absolutely hate them!!! They are all nasty...food is not cooked thru and thru and lays around for who knows how long and i hear they buy expired foods to save money and make big money...and it costs as much as a "real" rest charges anyway...

Old 09-03-2006, 03:04 PM

273 posts, read 1,649,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
By the way.... in this post, I took the the "Baja Blast" to be a creative name that Elfyum thought up, for the parasite some of us had been discussing in the previous posts. I actually have been in England too long, as it was pointed out to me that the Baja Blast is actually a burrito at Taco Bell. I am blonde... I totally had a blonde moment.Just disregard my previous post.
Don't worry about it Calibelle. I imagine you provided more than one person with a nice little chuckle. It would be an appropriate name after all.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,394,538 times
I treat myself to fast food once a week. Okay, sometimes twice. I used to go to Wendy's. I didn't get anything fancy, just chicken sandwiches, some biscuits and a drink. Occasionally a Frosty. Then they stopped selling their delicious biscuits and I had a succession of nasty chicken sandwiches, so one day I went next door to Burger King where there was a shorter line, found that I liked their chicken sandwiches MUCH more and that my whole order was some $2-3 cheaper so I've been loyal to Burger King ever since.

Rarely ever go to McDonalds. Maybe once a year for a sundae or something. Haven't been to Wendy's ever since I switched affiliations to BK some 2-3 years ago. I had never been to Taco Bell until a few years ago, then went there for lunch every day for a few months since it was right by my work, then changed jobs and have only eaten there maybe five times since.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:53 PM

117 posts, read 416,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Schlotzky's is really good but they've closed a lot of stores since they declared bankruptcy, including the one nearest to me.

I agree I love them, the reubens are delicious and everything else for that matter. I just ate at there twice when I was in Raleigh

Yum Yum

Old 09-05-2006, 06:09 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Go read fast food nation and calm down. Stress and getting so worked up is probably worse for your health than fast food.

PS-I also think it is crap and rarely eat it.
Wow -

I was going to mention Eric Schlosser's Fast Foor Nation, one of the most fascinating books I've read recently. Cool...

Schlosser came to Burlington VT a while ago. One of the local colleges assigned his book - to every single member of the school community - Students, Faculty, Staff, Trustees, etc etc etc. We went to hear him speak. He's just wonderful and the book's a real page turner after the first few chapters. I recommend the book no matter what your position on fast food...

Cheers,
chaz

Old 09-06-2006, 08:41 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I don't eat fast food much anymore, but when I do, here's a few places I like: Burger King, White Castle, Arby's, Wendy's (love the Frosty!), In-N-Out, Jack in the Box, Western Bagel, Tommy's.

There is a little chain in Southern California named Rally's that makes some interesting burgers -- but they don't have them all the time. Stuff like Mushroom/Swiss burgers.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:41 AM

421 posts, read 469,146 times
I believe that alot of gastro problems ppl have are directly from fast food joints. They do everything they can to cut corners...including using horse and roo meat.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:51 AM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,214 times
I can't deny I have bad habits of picking up the quick meal when your in a rush.I think if we all knew and have seen the way these places are ran,I think we would never go to fast food joints or all you can eat buffets.I myself would like to see the employees wear gloves when they are handling food.I know some places make their employees do this but alot of them don't.Buffet places are the worse because you have the public at free will picking at the food and God only knows where their hands have been,like children picking their nose and then grabbing a piece of chicken.I think if we all thought about things like this before we decide to get a quick fix meal,we would start cooking at home more.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:18 PM

243 posts, read 887,427 times
Talking Fast Food Fav

Whenever I go back east I make sure I get some White Castles!!!!!! Krystals don't even compare!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink