U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 PM

604 posts, read 420,456 times
I was about to go down for a late night snack but then made the mistake of reading this article/watching this video. Totally lost my appetite. This is truly vile.

The grossest burger ever made - Food on Shine

Funniest part of this is when the scientist says eventually they can bring the cost down to about the same as normal meat. Guess what? I wouldn't touch this stuff even if it were the last meat on earth and FREE.

Oh man - how does one remove a memory?!! I think I'm going to be sick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 04:40 PM

7,640 posts, read 4,758,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
I was about to go down for a late night snack but then made the mistake of reading this article/watching this video. Totally lost my appetite. This is truly vile.

The grossest burger ever made - Food on Shine

Funniest part of this is when the scientist says eventually they can bring the cost down to about the same as normal meat. Guess what? I wouldn't touch this stuff even if it were the last meat on earth and FREE.

Oh man - how does one remove a memory?!! I think I'm going to be sick!
Yes, this is going around the net. I think that the Vegans would prefer we eat this slop as opposed to REAL MEAT.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:09 PM

4,179 posts, read 5,268,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yes, this is going around the net. I think that the Vegans would prefer we eat this slop as opposed to REAL MEAT.
And the next step is - Soylent Green...

Foods I hate (not in any order)
Raw or steamed Oysters (fried is barely ok)
Livers, hearts, kidneys, gizzards, brains - of ANYthing
pork rinds
chick peas
Sushi (it's BAIT, for REAL fish, people! )
creamed corn
canned vegies (unless I canned them - then they're still crisp)
Overcooked beef or fish (If a good vet can't get it on it's feet in 10 minutes, it's overcooked)
Undercooked potatoes
undercooked egg whites
Anything that only takes up 2/3 of a plate or less, that they dare to call a "main course"
Anything where the garnish is bigger than the food
Anything that the cook has to bury in a bland sauce
Anything where vanilla is the main ingredient

I'll pretty much try anything once. But the minute I see dessert plates set out for the main course, I'm outta there, en route to a steakhouse where you can throw peanut shells on the floor!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
And the next step is - Soylent Green...

Foods I hate (not in any order)
Raw or steamed Oysters (fried is barely ok)
Livers, hearts, kidneys, gizzards, brains - of ANYthing
pork rinds
chick peas
Sushi (it's BAIT, for REAL fish, people! )
creamed corn
canned vegies (unless I canned them - then they're still crisp)
Overcooked beef or fish (If a good vet can't get it on it's feet in 10 minutes, it's overcooked)
Undercooked potatoes
undercooked egg whites
Anything that only takes up 2/3 of a plate or less, that they dare to call a "main course"
Anything where the garnish is bigger than the food
Anything that the cook has to bury in a bland sauce
Anything where vanilla is the main ingredient

I'll pretty much try anything once. But the minute I see dessert plates set out for the main course, I'm outta there, en route to a steakhouse where you can throw peanut shells on the floor!
Pork rinds.....how could you, I luv them....am slightly offended.
Offal........wow, my fav..........yummo, had heart this morning.
Sush......love it but am afraid of quality.....do not want worms.
Canned veggies.....yuck...hate them.
Fru-fru tiny food.....I hate it too, overpriced and fills 1/8th of the plate.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:14 PM

And this should ring a bell for you poor folks who spent Turkey day gnawing on this dreck:

Old 12-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Status: "no such thing as thinking too much" (set 2 hours ago)

1,744 posts, read 1,444,317 times
hate any seafood except sushi, which is probably unusual
liver
pork
grapefruit
beets
rice pudding
squash
pea soup
cabbage
cole slaw
sauerkraut
oatmeal raisin cookies
anything with raisins in it, but I can eat them on their own

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM

3,903 posts, read 2,781,379 times
A new yucky food: just tonight went to an Amish buffet that had pickled chicken livers on the salad bar!

Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 PM

741 posts, read 518,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I almost felt compelled to start a thread about this one: Pecorino Romano cheese. I've used it several times, mostly in a Five-Cheese Pasta dish I make. I want to like it, but I just can't. Every time I use it, it just smells like a wet dog (or should that be "wet sheep," since it's made from sheep's milk, I think).

Anyway, now I just substitute parmesan.
I would die without my fresh Romano! I love the strong smell of it--then again I love strong smelling cheeses.. I love both pecorino-made with sheep's milk and other varieties made with goat's milk

Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 PM

741 posts, read 518,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Plug your nose and eat some of the most nutritious foods on the face of the earth.

Ever eat beef heart???? That is probably the most palatable organ meat their is, does not stink and has a mild taste. Heart is full of B12, Creatinine, COq10 and lots of other good stuff.

And yes, you are right, most hate yummy organ meats.
Not me!! I've never met an organ that didn't taste yummy!!

One of my jobs as a very young child was to skin and gut the rabbits/fish/birds that my dad hunted...I also cleaned all of the squid for calamari, and learned how to cook all of the above including organ meats from pretty much anything (not humans lol)..we would stuff a stomach and boil it with sausages..make sausages by stuffing intestines..
I don't know why so many people find organ meats, especially liver, so gross..even my hubby won't touch liver and onions!! weird

Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 PM

3,903 posts, read 2,781,379 times
My mom used to think liver and organ meats were superfoods, and we had to eat them. Now it is known that they are super high in cholesterol. I wish mom knew that back then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink