Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 02:12 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Which is why I use credit cards that give me reward points in CASH.
I save up my points for gift cards to Amazon and Marriott. Love staying for free at a Marriott! Sure there's crap like these dog food steaks and flowers and candy and other crap. I flat out refuse to waste on points on this type of garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 02:14 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
As I said (if you read it), the travel options with this particular credit card are a laborious paper-trail and pain in the neck; also, I'm not traveling right now and need to use these before they expire. Honestly, I don't see how you can go wrong with CRAB LEGS unless they're spoiled in transit... SMH!

Old 12-16-2015, 02:19 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
Last winter I ordered some giant king crab legs directly from Alaska. Man, those were well worth the price. I think my total order for the crab, halibut filets, and halibut cheeks came close to $300. YUM!

I think I will make it a tradition and order it once a year.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:22 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
comparing it to Walmart meats,,,and Walmart meats are better just gave a new LOW on the yelp scale..
It's been a few years since I could afford Omaha Steaks, but when I could, they were always excellent, better than most from any grocery store. I hope they really haven't gotten that bad...

But I will never again eat WalMart meat, especially not the beef, it gives me the runs (poor quality beef does that to me ever since my gallbladder was removed). I won't buy produce from WM either, unless I'm going to use it that day and don't want to stop somewhere else, it has always gone bad faster than the stuff I get from regular supermarkets.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:26 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
My favorite steak these days is the sirloin from Target. It comes two to a package for $7.99. It is so tender and delicious.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:29 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
At one time Omaha supplied the steaks to a few restaurants including a higher end one. Not sure if this is still the case. I got some Omaha products for my husband for Father's day. It tasted alright though since we used to eat steak on a pretty regular basis it started to all taste the same to me. I've taken a bit of a hiatus.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:40 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
It's been a few years since I could afford Omaha Steaks, but when I could, they were always excellent, better than most from any grocery store. I hope they really haven't gotten that bad...

But I will never again eat WalMart meat, especially not the beef, it gives me the runs (poor quality beef does that to me ever since my gallbladder was removed). I won't buy produce from WM either, unless I'm going to use it that day and don't want to stop somewhere else, it has always gone bad faster than the stuff I get from regular supermarkets.
Walmart have map (modified atmospheric packaging) packaging meats

all their so called fresh meats beef and pork is shipped in from thousands of miles away,,,
they have no meatcutters and cut nothing fresh at Walmart

and their burger....is one step above alpo..

Old 12-16-2015, 04:00 PM

996 posts, read 1,235,199 times
I used to order it fairly often and send it as gifts every Christmas. Haven't had it in a couple years since I switched to organic grass fed meat only.

They've been in business for years so they do have good customer service ... and dry ice is about -100 F., so even if all the dry ice is gone when you get your package the product is usually ok as it takes days for the meat to thaw.

And dry ice does not melt, it sublimates (goes directly from a solid to a gas).

Old 12-16-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
As I said (if you read it), the travel options with this particular credit card are a laborious paper-trail and pain in the neck; also, I'm not traveling right now and need to use these before they expire. Honestly, I don't see how you can go wrong with CRAB LEGS unless they're spoiled in transit... SMH!
Gift cards don't have an expiration date. Well, the plastic ones you can buy don't. I stockpile them. And all crab legs aren't the same. I wouldn't buy anything from them after our order. But you have at it!

Old 12-16-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Walmart have map (modified atmospheric packaging) packaging meats

all their so called fresh meats beef and pork is shipped in from thousands of miles away,,,
they have no meatcutters and cut nothing fresh at Walmart

and their burger....is one step above alpo..
Most grocery stores have their meat shipped in from thousands of miles away. Many don't even cut it store. Most don't grind hamburger either.

Now you're just insulting Alpo! It certainly looks better than what Wallies has for hamburger....Might even taste better, but I'm not about to find out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink