U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2011, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
68,178 posts, read 78,063,406 times
Reputation: 37447

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Okay, will be over when I return home to New Mexico!

I'm visiting here in Bellevue, Washington, outside of Seattle. The bagel is at Goldberg's deli in Bellevue-Factoria, not far from where I'm staying. Passed it up first time due to price but walked by a couple days later and paid the $12.99. Bagel was good, but yes, way over-priced. Then I did the math a realized I could have had 4 or 5 Starbucks lattes instead!
that would be great except we don't live in NM anymore. Next time you want to take a nice vacation head this way toward the soutern part of the mid west (ok the south) and we will make sure we have great bagels, cream cheese, the lox and maybe a bloody Mary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
 
Location: You know... That place
1,899 posts, read 2,320,174 times
Reputation: 2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Okay, will be over when I return home to New Mexico!

I'm visiting here in Bellevue, Washington, outside of Seattle. The bagel is at Goldberg's deli in Bellevue-Factoria, not far from where I'm staying. Passed it up first time due to price but walked by a couple days later and paid the $12.99. Bagel was good, but yes, way over-priced. Then I did the math a realized I could have had 4 or 5 Starbucks lattes instead!
That's crazy. I live in FL. I was in that exact deli last week when I was in Bellevue for a business trip. I saw the prices, turned around and walked out. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
 
13,615 posts, read 22,468,613 times
Reputation: 18279
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that would be great except we don't live in NM anymore. Next time you want to take a nice vacation head this way toward the soutern part of the mid west (ok the south) and we will make sure we have great bagels, cream cheese, the lox and maybe a bloody Mary.
Nita,

While I would agree with you, why would ANYONE go the New Mexico and order a bagel and lox?

There are just so many BETTER options in New Mexico. (g)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
68,178 posts, read 78,063,406 times
Reputation: 37447
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Nita,

While I would agree with you, why would ANYONE go the New Mexico and order a bagel and lox?

There are just so many BETTER options in New Mexico. (g)

Read the person I was referring to: we were kidding of course anyway. As for better things in NM, that depends, for people living there who want lox and bagels, that is what they want. I live in NWA, I love Cat fish, but I also like my lox and bagels on occassion. Add to that my Mexican and southwestern food. If I am visiting someplace the first thing I want to do is try what in native to the region. While in NY a few years ago, I couldn't wait to have a pastrami (spelling) sandwhich, when I do to Ca or the east coast it is seafood the first day. After that maybe it is lox, maybe chicken fried steak, whatever I want I will eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top