Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:01 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,833 times

Advertisements

Ok just so you can judge me, I am a northerner that was raised in the south. I can't think of another thing that associates poverty with food better than bologna with the exception of maybe beans and cornbread.
Now I know I have my northern roots and I can not shake them, I question things and trust no one until it smacks me in the face.but.
Are Hardee's hire ups screwing with us. Is someone in an office somewhere hee hawing shoving this crap in our face. If Hardee's parking lots were packed throughout the south I may write it off to my perspective but they are vacant. So is this the rich getting a jolly at our expense.
A while back it was some slutty women munching on a $6 burger and them representing all guys as chow hounds, I thought that was offensive but hey I don't represent the world.
Is this something you want, buy one poverty biscuit get another free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 04:33 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Ok just so you can judge me, I am a northerner that was raised in the south. I can't think of another thing that associates poverty with food better than bologna with the exception of maybe beans and cornbread.
Now I know I have my northern roots and I can not shake them, I question things and trust no one until it smacks me in the face.but.
Are Hardee's hire ups screwing with us. Is someone in an office somewhere hee hawing shoving this crap in our face. If Hardee's parking lots were packed throughout the south I may write it off to my perspective but they are vacant. So is this the rich getting a jolly at our expense.
A while back it was some slutty women munching on a $6 burger and them representing all guys as chow hounds, I thought that was offensive but hey I don't represent the world.
Is this something you want, buy one poverty biscuit get another free?
Don't try to tell my Austrian hubby that his Extrawurst is the food of poverty.

Spoiler

I had a look at the Hardee's biscuit. It looks like a breakfast biscuit to me. Has egg on it.

Spoiler

Here in L.A. Hardee's is Carl's Jr. the bologna biscuit is only available in the South, not on the menu here. We've probably got some sorta burrito thing.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:38 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
Luckily we do not have a Hardees near us because DH and the dog both love fried bologna. I actually could have done well without knowing they had this on the menu.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
I don't understand the post, lol. Basically, I think Hardee's sucks because of their emphasis on big, fat, lardy type of foods and their commercials.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:21 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I saw the sign for these the other day. I don't think I've had baloney in over 50 years now. I'm not going back either. I reserve the right to ham.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,812,030 times
I grew up in So. Calif. and still remember fried baloney sandwiches as one of my favorite things to eat. Even now I will sometimes buy thick-sliced bologna from the deli, fry it up, and make a sandwich to die for. No more than once or twice a year, but oh man, heaven.

As far as the Hardee's sandwich goes, no way! Egg? A fried baloney sandwich must be on sandwich bread with mayo and maybe a smidge of mustard and iceberg lettuce and once in a while a slice of American cheese.

//gavel!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,943,480 times
I am so glad that they aren't available in my area (that I can see). My husband has family in the South and he would definitely go for that. I have never been a fan of Bologna so this isn't my type of breakfast.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,286,610 times
I think they are gross, but ots standing room only at the local Hardee's resturant on Saturday morning. The bologna biscuit is in 8 out of 10 bags.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:28 PM

805 posts, read 1,084,713 times
The only reason I would even consider going to Hardees is for their huge, country burritos. Other than that, their hamburgers are good but overpriced; the stores are often dirty; and the service is often dreadfully slow. You couldn't pay me enough to try that bologna biscuit- wow!

Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
...mmmm-MM! Sho' sounds like a mighty fine sammich to me!

I'd get one every day on my way to work. Excellent addition to the menu, Hardees. ...
Bologna is great stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink